Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Sorry Apps I am not sure what u can do unless you move the other chooks? And leave her. My broody Aussie is the boss so no one went near her in broody mode. She had cattle dog and hubby scared of her.

Lol she sounds quite the hen!

She seems to have settled now (as long as I didnt just jinx that) so we shall see what the day brings.

How frustrating Sam, You sometimes wonder where they find the people that care for the tv shows dont you, it never seems to be as easy in real life. I remember trying to report a poor cow with calf tied to a tree all day long with no water in full sun to the rspca. Nothing happened, dont think they even came to look. I didnt even bother when we went to add some of our rubbish to their bin on the curb one boxing day only to find said calf dead inside. On tele they jump in their cars and speed to the rescue. sigh.

Our girl has had a great start to her Melbourne campaign with placings each day. Apart from a few windy nights the weather has been perfect for showjumping.

Well done! Lovely pics

Lol she sounds quite the hen!

She seems to have settled now (as long as I didnt just jinx that) so we shall see what the day brings.

How frustrating Sam, You sometimes wonder where they find the people that care for the tv shows dont you, it never seems to be as easy in real life.  I remember trying to report a poor cow with calf tied to a tree all day long with no water in full sun to the rspca.  Nothing happened, dont think they even came to look.  I didnt even bother when we went to add some of our rubbish to their bin on the curb one boxing day only to find said calf dead inside.  On tele they jump in their cars and speed to the rescue. sigh.

Yeah by the time the cops arrived the two guys had gone ' go figure. I did my bit.

One of the sussex girls has gone broody and I've got about 8 eggs under her. Very excited and fingers crossed.
What would I get with a xbred (Isa brown) crossed with a sussex? I've seen him having a ride on them and the eggs are fertile.
But I've only got the sussex eggs under the chook.

CB & CG, or any others knowledgable in Australorps, question for you. Is this a good looking Australorp:-

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=700660223360362&set=gm.791071124283153&type=1&theater

Thanks

She is most definitely a great example of a blue Australorp. Her back could be a little more curved however her type is still great despite that. Her chest is a little 'cut away' meaning it could be more 'full/round/curved' looking. She has some toenail faults (there are some black toenails, they should all be white). Her thighs are a little too 'fluffy' the feathers should be a little more intact so that the lacing is still kind of visible. Theses things are are generally small faults however they do add up. On the other hand her lacing is very crisp. In that photo the colour blue looks dirty and brown however I am nearly 100% certain, this is just due to being sun bleached and not a fault. You will find that her new feathers would be better. She also has a lovely clean face with a large black eye and the beak is also of good colour. Comb could be a little more even however that is only a very minor thing. Overall she is a very nice example of a blue Australorp but has some small faults.

This black Australorp pullet of mine has in my opinion close to perfect type. Comparing this photo with the blue Australorp in question might help make sense of my explanation above in regards to type.

She is most definitely a great example of a blue Australorp. Her back could be a little more curved however her type is still great despite that. Her chest is a little 'cut away' meaning it could be more 'full/round/curved' looking. She has some toenail faults (there are some black toenails, they should all be white). Her thighs are a little too 'fluffy' the feathers should be a little more intact so that the lacing is still kind of visible. Theses things are are generally small faults however they do add up. On the other hand her lacing is very crisp. In that photo the colour blue looks dirty and brown however I am nearly 100% certain, this is just due to being sun bleached and not a fault. You will find that her new feathers would be better. She also has a lovely clean face with a large black eye and the beak is also of good colour. Comb could be a little more even however that is only a very minor thing. Overall she is a very nice example of a blue Australorp but has some small faults.

This black Australorp pullet of mine has in my opinion close to perfect type. Comparing this photo with the blue Australorp in question might help make sense of my explanation above in regards to type.

Going to bookmark this for when ours hatch :). Got the eggs you suggested and they should be here about wed hopefully. Now it's all up to australia post and the silkie !

Thanks CB & CG. I was curious more than anything, because the ad stated how he had won at the big shows, and this was the pullet he chose to put a picture of. I just had trouble with her back and tail, but yes I do agree about the depth of her chest, we have the same problem with Marans.

Your black pullet is gorgeous. I do not know the finer points of the breed, I basically look at overall pictures. See, if I saw a photo of her, I would not look at it and say, something is not right.

Back
Top Bottom