Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

My hubby suggested that too
1f60a.png
but I thought it might be a bit harsh for my chooks so instead I used pet powder from woollies and dusted them it worked well and it stayed under the chooks feathers for a while. I bought a couple from a fodder in mount barker and men were they feral! Loaded with mites and lice legs were scaly had fine treating them then gave them away to a friend who wanted chooks
1f60a.png
as they were sooo flighty and skittish

What is the active ingredient in the powder. Remember that your dog isn't producing food.

Good morning, well its been a month or so since I was on here, a lot has happened, lilly our light sussex hen has finally matured into a roo at nine months of age, she definitely had the tent tail and was different than her brother who we got rid of earlier at around 5 Months but alas she turned out to be a boy!

We are good at bringing up roos, now our 2 wyandotte chicks have turned out to be boys, does anyone know of any wyandotte pullets or full feathered chicks for sale in Adelaide, I will not buy from our fodder store again..

Our two wyandotte chicks dot and stripe, with fluffy and Betty
Hey If you want any ISA brown Rooster chicks 10 weeks of age, turns out 4 of ours were! We live in Mt. Barker.

Okay, so I hate facebook mainly due to the way there's a basement that posts fall into and that there's no useful way to order group posts. Is there a specific bit on the group
@Ashburnham that I should look for info re reputable breeders? If it helps, clicking the date takes you to the specific URL for a post.

I feel you sunnys chickens I bought a couple of chooks from a fodder as well they were heavily infested with mites and lice! Had to battle it out to try and clean them up thier wattles were heaps pale after 3 weeks of intensive treatment comb looked better. I thought one of the chooks was going to die. There are a few good breeders around if your after some wyandottes there's a heritage breeder that's located in tintinara I think I will find the website for you. You can order the pullets or chicks online then pick up at mt. Barker there is a waiting list though. I plan to breed chooks as well but will only have French wheaten marans to start with
1f60a.png

Okay, so I hate facebook mainly due to the way there's a basement that posts fall into and that there's no useful way to order group posts. Is there a specific bit on the group
@Ashburnham that I should look for info re reputable breeders? If it helps, clicking the date takes you to the specific URL for a post.
Specifically the "Files"section at the top right of the page.
Better to read the posts for a week or two and get to know people on there.

Thanks Fancy exactly what I needed to know!
I worked out today that in cool weather 4 chooks will not drink a full 1l of water so I can make up less next time, by then I'll probably have them all in together. I gave up on keeping them seperate so they had some free range time together today with no issues at all, I can see who will be competing for head hen but it was very tame. They went to their seperate coops at dusk and I fixed the fence where I think they got through so hopefully no more mingling without my say so. I'll have to cut hermiones wing

I also got a chance to check over the newbies today , I only noticed 1 flea and no other obvious parasites thankfully, the layer is so scruffy looking I gave her an extra check, she's thin and a bit bare in places but skin is healthy and has pin feathers so thinking she's just moulting, I will be keeping an eye on her legs as some of her scales looked to be lifted . I think read on here that Vicks on the legs will help with scaly leg mites?? I don't know if it's that ofcourse could be just her poor condition but I like to err on the side of caution. Overall health looks good but only time will tell if they are carrying something sinister, nothing I can do about it now :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom