Australorp Pride! Let's see those pics!

Pics
Yes Diva he sure does.
It is funny... He got that name for making faces at the dogs when he was a month old. There are 2 fences 5 feet apart between the dogs and birds. He would stick his neck feathers out and pretend flog them even at just a month old.
Pretty funny to see.

Here's my Australorp, her name is Turkey. She's a pretty chill lady for the most part. She's about 2 or 3 years old now.

Attachments

• 2017-05-04 09.18.40-2.jpg
    2017-05-04 09.18.40-2.jpg
    805.4 KB · Views: 6
Sour I've been away folks ... dealing with family medical stuff (no worries!)

BUT ... while all that was going on ... NEW LIFE! Momma hen hatched three babies (so far) ... clutch of ten, hope they all hatch!

I had one BA hatch out yesterday and it is now in the brooder, and there's another chick that just hatched tonight but is now resting. I'm thinking that it might be a BA too, but I have to wait until it dries out and fluffs up a bit to know for sure.

It's that season again! A chicken saddle for one of my rooster's 'favorite' hens. Although he has matured and over mating is less of an issue, an occasional girl gets rubbed a little raw.

Here is Hermione sporting her new gear
WIN_20170723_110324.JPG

Babies spent all day in the yard foraging today! All tuckered out now. today one of these baby chicks ... 12 days old, mind you ... caught a cicada! Bug was bigger than her head. When one of her aunts wandered over to have a look, baby did the right thing ...

... she turned tail and ran with that bug hanging out of her face to protect he hard won prize!

Little warriors these are.
WIN_20170722_122239.JPG

Babies spent all day in the yard foraging today! All tuckered out now. today one of these baby chicks ... 12 days old, mind you ... caught a cicada! Bug was bigger than her head. When one of her aunts wandered over to have a look, baby did the right thing ...

... she turned tail and ran with that bug hanging out of her face to protect he hard won prize!

Little warriors these are.
View attachment 1087898
:lau Smart chickie!!

Back
Top Bottom