Australorps breed Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by call ducks, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Dianne88

Dianne88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Panhandle, FL
    Hi,
    Looking for your thoughts on my little chick, she (hopefully) is suppose to be a BA but I will let you tell me. She is around 3wks old and she is getting in her big girl feather and I noticed some are white on the tips of her wings???? Thanks for the input
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pictured here with her EE sister
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AParmer

AParmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2013
    Graham, Alabama
    She looks like a Lorp. They look like little penguins when they're small. As they get older they will lose the white feathers. Is that a Welsummer chick as well?

Here's a few timeline pictures of my older girls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dianne88

Dianne88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Panhandle, FL
    Ok Good I was worried because I got her from a hatchery. The other chick was ordered as an Ameraucana but I've been told she's an EE :p

4. MeanV2

MeanV2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2013
    The Tigercreek 1 is now 2 weeks old. Gonna name him soon!

Dan
    [​IMG]

5. RattlesnakeRidgeWV

RattlesnakeRidgeWV Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Dan,
    I am very impressed with the birds I got from Stan at Tigercreek. The two cockerels and the pullets are 17 or 18 weeks old now and they are wide with low tails, which is good for me. I have a cockerel with 4 points and one with 5 so I am happier than the Geico commercial!!! I have been waiting for the weather to clear to get good pics of the Tigercreek 4 and the Hupp 5. My breeding pens are now broke up so I am already planning for next year with the Blue and Splash BA's of Rattlesnake Ridge.
    Kurt

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  6. MeanV2

Feb 15, 2013
    I know what you mean Kurt! So far this chick looks good. I think it is a cockerel (could be wrong) but if it is and he has no glaring faults I will not be afraid to set up a breeding pen and take him to some of my Gilbert pullets. The Gilbert chicks so far seem pretty good. Eye color is great, combs are a problem with some (chicken dinner) and a couple tails are higher than I'd like to see but they have a ton of maturing to do and I will just keep watching things. I am going to try hatching some of Chet's all Blacks this fall. I just figured I'd get my Blacks where I want them before worrying about another variable (Blues). You are to blame for getting me started at this. As my Grand Dad used to say "You Flung a Cravin on me!"

Dan

7. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like cockerel legs to me!! LOL.....stan

8. MeanV2

Feb 15, 2013
    I didn't even ask because I was pretty sure I knew the answer. I am thinking of naming him Blackula or Darth Vadar[​IMG]

Dan

9. chickadoodles

chickadoodles True BYC Addict

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Hello elkfriend and [​IMG]

10. CinnamonQueen

CinnamonQueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    Texas
    Darth Vader sounds good to me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by