Austrawhites? Good and bad points- Anybody had these?

Quote:
Those are pretty Katy!! I wouldn't mind having some of those in a laying flock!! Right now I'm working on my broody flock- I want to have hens to do most of my incubation for me- That's my plan anyway- If they decide to cooperate!!
pop.gif

They are not broody at all. However they lay great, i like to keep different colored layers that way I know who is laying and who is not without having to watch. They fill the nich for my white eggs.

I feel like perhaps I am the only one with these??? I don't have any adults right now but if no one else posts pics for you I will do so in a month or two so you can see them then.

Quote:
Thanks Katy- The broody flock I was speaking of is Cochins, and mixed banty and a couple of game hens. These are some I started getting last year so that I could use them for broodies . There are a lot of people in this area with chickens and it's easy to get setting eggs of different kinds. BUT I have to get these dum-dum birds to go along with my plan- They seem to have an agenda of their own!! LOL

We bought 2 Austra Whites at our local feed store. The woman who works there said she has one that is 5 years old and has just started laying eggs again this year and is laying about 3 or 4 a week. She really likes them and recommends them. The chicks we got only have a couple of spots of black each, and we were told that the pattern of spots in the chick will be the same in the adult hen. Does anyone know if that is true? We were told that the ones with the most spots sell the fastest because of this. I would love to see some pictures of adult hens.

Back
Top Bottom