Auto chicken doors...

ch1ckenmama

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2016
Any advice on auto chicken doors on your coop? My husband travels for work and I want to be able to go visit him. We want to put in a aitomatic chicken door so they can come and go into the covered run while I am gone and all my parents have to do is feed them.
Any brands better then others?
Thanks!
1f60a.png

Check out Fleming chicken doors ...the "advanced" model. We had the Adore brand and found it unreliable.... the Fleming door plugs in and has proven very reliable. There is a battery back up if electricity goes out.

Really? This is the first I've heard the ADOR1 sucks....that's too bad. Had high hopes on that one.

What exactly was the problems with the ADOR?

My husband reminded me that the problem was the door was in the shade. Sunlight was needed to activate the open and close,plus the batteries seem to go out too often.

The Fleming door is plugged in, but they do have a solar powered system if electricity is not available for your coop.

The Adore Door would probably be great if your coop is in the sun.

I used to get really upset with the Adore... it did not work for us. It works for many I'm sure.

We bought an D20 Add-a-motor chicken door opener to an existing door, They are available on Amazon for less that $100.00 It works with a lamp timer and vertical sliding door. We've been very happy, the string (fishing line) broke once in the 2 years we've had it.

Do you have electric in your coop? I'm not sure if solar is available.

I will get an auto door one of these days. Researched them for some time and this is the one I like:

https://adorstore.com/products/ador1-automatic-chicken-door

Can be mounted inside or outside, upright or horizontal. Has a last call and put thought into predators prying it open. All round great design and fair price IMO.

My husband did research and order this one yesterday. Love the "Last Call". Cant wait to get it and install it!
1f44d-1f3fc.png

My husband reminded me that the problem was the door was in the shade. Sunlight was needed to activate the open and close,plus the batteries seem to go out too often.

The Fleming door is plugged in, but they do have a solar powered system if electricity is not available for your coop.

The Adore Door would probably be great if your coop is in the sun.

I used to get really upset with the Adore... it did not work for us. It works for many I'm sure.

My husband ordered the ADOR yesterday. I didnt see this until today. Our coop is has lots of direct sunlight so we should have no problem with that. We did read about the battery but my husband said that they are pretty cheap at Walmart. Hope it works out for us. If not Ill look into the one you recommended.
Thanks!
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom