Baby Ancona Ducks Hatching!

BoradorBeans

Songster
Jul 20, 2023
Tampa, FL, USA
We've been incubating duck eggs for the first time and today is Day 27 and 4 of our 5 eggs have pipped! We've named two so far:

Kirby and Quaximus Prime

Any name ideas for the other 3?

Also... we will be looking for someone to adopt 3 of these little babies (as pets in a safe and happy environment). We are in Tampa, Florida and would be willing to drive a bit to meet the right family).

Until then... we're impatiently waiting for these little guys to break free!

Attachments

• 20231005_114452.jpg
    20231005_114452.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 20231005_104749.jpg
    20231005_104749.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 10
We've been incubating duck eggs for the first time and today is Day 27 and 4 of our 5 eggs have pipped! We've named two so far:

Kirby and Quaximus Prime

Also... we will be looking for someone to adopt 3 of these little babies (as pets in a safe and happy environment). We are in Tampa, Florida and would be willing to drive a bit to meet the right family).

Congrats on the eggs! It must be exciting.
For the names, how about Aflac and Chicken for two of them? I can't think of another one. Chicken because it's obviously not a Chicken and Aflac because... well, you know. :)

We’ve all heard of the Jackson Five. Hmmm…. your 5 could be the Quacks’n Dive. :D

Congrats on the eggs! It must be exciting.
For the names, how about Aflac and Chicken for two of them? I can't think of another one. Chicken because it's obviously not a Chicken and Aflac because... well, you know. :)
I love the irony of Chicken lol
Someone on here has a chicken named Cracker and that name makes me laugh every time I hear it and I don't know why. I think that may also be a contender 🤣

We've got 3! Sadly, we lost one a few hours after it hatched, poor thing. And the last egg is taking its sweet time... it finally pipped this morning.

One duckling is soooo tiny. He's the one with the most black on his head. He hatched last night and is finally trying to stand now. The others look like they've been hatched for days lol

The ducks outside hear the babies peeping in the house when I open the back door to go outside. And they all are looking at me like, "you've got to be kidding me... we don't need any more of us right now."

Attachments

• 20231006_110251.jpg
    20231006_110251.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231006_110025.jpg
    20231006_110025.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 10
The smallest duckling has such weak legs. They're like gummies. He just crawls around. We've separated him because the other two are much bigger and peck at him. He's now with me all the time.

He's too little to want food and water, although I've made them both available plus added nutridrench and occasionally niacin powder.

Anything else I can do? It's been a full 24hrs and I know it's still early, but we already lost one ducking and I don't want to lose this little guy, too.

PS. The last egg pipped this morning and that's it. Nothing new since.

Attachments

• 20231006_215740.jpg
    20231006_215740.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 9

Kirby and Quaximus Prime

Happy Saturday. I run the Agriscience program at Wilson Middle School in Tampa. We’d be glad to adopt three

Kirby and Quaximus Prime

Happy Saturday. I run the Agriscience program at Wilson Middle School in Tampa and we’d be happy to adopt three Ancona ducks if they are still available. [email protected]

Happy Saturday. I run the Agriscience program at Wilson Middle School in Tampa. We’d be glad to adopt three

Happy Saturday. I run the Agriscience program at Wilson Middle School in Tampa and we’d be happy to adopt three Ancona ducks if they are still available. [email protected]
Hello! Where would the little ducklings live now and as adults? My 5th grade teacher had us hatch chickens, and it was such a rewarding and educational experience.

Hello! Where would the little ducklings live now and as adults? My 5th grade teacher had us hatch chickens, and it was such a rewarding and educational experience.
We have already setup a coop for ducks including a small pond. I was going to order some Anconas online when I saw your post here in Tampa… so ironic. On holidays, the students have the option to care for the animals at home. Over the summer they will come to my house where I have a large pond. The students will spoil them for sure.

Back
Top Bottom