Baby Chick Won't Eat/Drink; Empty Watery Crop

Whatever is going on I am sure you are going to end up with one very spoiled loving chicken "PET" when you are thru
wink.png

Quote:
I'll offer them some more water from a plastic cup in a bit. Did just return and only counted three chicks, FREAKED!!! The missing chick was this little EE! Then I noticed she was sitting in the middle of the waterer base, where the white part usually goes. Whew!

it does sound like she is having a hard time seeing.. if the others eat and peck does she tilt her head and listen?
I had a blind one and she would listen then wait for the others to leave that spot then eat herself.. try tapping at the food and
see what response you get..

Quote:
Been there, done that. Most of the time she's at the under end of the brooder(under the lamp) when the others eat or drink(at the cool side). I would tap the food, she would look down, then just leave. If I offer her food from my palm, she eats that. I don't think she's having a hard time seeing, though. When I feed her I take her out and put her on the table in the living room. My ZipLoc bag of feed is up there, she will walk up to it and try to eat the food inside.

Gave her a bit of Gatorade in her water today(just a little bit, and not in the waterer) Made mush, she attacked it with the other three chicks.

you probaly won't have too, just for now but at least she's eating. I still make mine a mush concotion about once a week, I use plain yogurt or kefir and even put chick starter in with their flock raiser put a little warm water mix it all up and stand back because they love it so much..

Yeah, the best thing about mush is that it uses up all the dust left over.

She didn't eat much mush when I took her out to feed her, so I put her back in and watched as she ate just as eagerly as the others.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom