Baby chicks eye

Tatdmomma

In the Brooder
Sep 8, 2022
This is my babies eye. It’s acting normal and eating and drinking. But need to know what to do or what may have caused it.

Attachments

• 84FB0F7B-C586-4F8A-9640-3FD813ABDD89.png
    84FB0F7B-C586-4F8A-9640-3FD813ABDD89.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Respiratory diseases or pecks to the eye can cause conjunctivitis or pink eye, and with a disease, sinus infection. MG, a common respiratory disease can cause bubbly eye, swelling, nasal drainage, lethargy, and sneezing. Tylan or Tylosin is a common treatment. Eyes should be cleaned with saline, and Terramycin eye ointment can be applied 2-3 times daily.

Respiratory diseases or pecks to the eye can cause conjunctivitis or pink eye, and with a disease, sinus infection. MG, a common respiratory disease can cause bubbly eye, swelling, nasal drainage, lethargy, and sneezing. Tylan or Tylosin is a common treatment. Eyes should be cleaned with saline, and Terramycin eye ointment can be applied 2-3 times daily.
Thank you very much! I’ll start treatment today.

Tylan 50 injectable may be found with syringes and needles at some feed stores. It is given orally in chickens. Tylosin powder, the generic version, can be put in the water. It is found online through stores such as jedds.com tylosin (for pigeons.) Dosage is 1 tsp per gallon of water for 3-5 days. Tylan 50 dosage is 0.25 ml (1/4 ml) per pound given orally 3 times daily for 3-5 days. These treat MG, a respiratory disease. I would also use the antibiotic ointment if just anninjury.

Back
Top Bottom