baby pigeon found! need help

May 8, 2023
hello, i found this baby pigeon in the middle of the road with extreme heat, took him to some shadow but no parent came to feed it so i took it home, hes very stressed but i force fed him some food so his crop is filled, what else should i do?
any help is appreciated. (no local bird rehabilitation center is open)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 220
I'd let it be outside in a bush or tree, wild pigeons don't get let out of the nest until they're close to adulthood, so it can likely fly. To a certain age, the parents regurgitate food for them but yours appears older than that.
he cant fly yet, thats what i looked for to, he had some blood on his right wing and neck tho, not sure if its his, hes a little stressed so im letting him calm down before handling him anymore, i used to have baby crows and fed them till adulthood but never a pigeon

its nice to see your heart in the right place but just remember, parents will leave the fledglings for them to learn. though you may not see the parents they arent far.
yeah i will not intervene anymore unless there’s something seriously wrong, what should i do with him now?

Back
Top Bottom