Back in the Day

Fierlin1182

powered-flight
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
I suppose I don't have much of a day to feel nostalgic about, but even in as much time as a year, things change so much...

Some for the better, many for the worse. Once upon a time I had this bunch of great friends... I look at them now, and it's like they're barely the same people anymore, they probably feel the same about me. I miss the day.

I saw a quote in the book I'm reading. "If only I were little again. You don't appreciate it at the time."

What do you miss about 'the day'?

I try not to miss the past... just turned the corner and just kept going
wee.gif

Ha! Not a whole lot. I became drug addicted at 12 years old, entered rehab at 19. For me the good ole days is mixed bag. The bumper sticker that says "I am older than you but I got to see all the good bands" totally applies to me. I didn't live the best life back then, but I do remember being front row at Led Zepplin and the Eagles!!!!

Wow, Debi, sounds like a life.
hugs.gif
I'm glad you got out of it though...?
Bands, I've never been to see a band. Haven't heard of the ones you mention.
lol.png

Pollo: I give it my best shot too. It's easier to move on when something actually comes out of it
tongue.png

ray's two cents :

Wow, Debi, sounds like a life.
hugs.gif
I'm glad you got out of it though...?
Bands, I've never been to see a band. Haven't heard of the ones you mention.
lol.png

Pollo: I give it my best shot too. It's easier to move on when something actually comes out of it
tongue.png

Oh PLEASE listen to Led Zepplin. Google them, PLEASE!!!! It was a life not best spent, however, I would not be who I am now without having gone through it. I am close to 32 years drug free now.​

Quote:
Oh PLEASE listen to Led Zepplin. Google them, PLEASE!!!! It was a life not best spent, however, I would not be who I am now without having gone through it. I am close to 32 years drug free now.

Congratulations on the drug free part, that is awesome!

'You can lead a horse to water, but a Zepplin has to be Led'

Quote:
Oh PLEASE listen to Led Zepplin. Google them, PLEASE!!!! It was a life not best spent, however, I would not be who I am now without having gone through it. I am close to 32 years drug free now.

That's awesome! I'm so glad for you.
big_smile.png

Led Zeppelin... Does kinda ring a bell, but I didn't clock them as a band. I thought it was some kind of action movie hero at first
lol.png

There were alot of good times in the good old days, but if I had a choice, I'd also like to have a few redos. When you are young and dumb and full of testosterone you follow your heart instead of your head, and you can end up in some long travelled roads, which end up as dead ends, way to late to turn back.

A while back I watched this low budget movie about an elderly man who drove his lawnmower to his brother's house which was two states over. Not much of a trip in a car but the old dude had a difficult time getting where he wanted to go on his lawnmower. As he traveled he met interesting folks who helped him out.

On his first night out he camped with a group of young folk. One young man asked him what was the hardest thing about getting old.

Panting for air, the old man replied, "Remembering when I was young."

For some reason those words are still with me.

Back
Top Bottom