bad egg ?

deejeff442

Songster
9 Years
Jun 27, 2013
my eggs have been hatching. i see one in there now cracked but the skin inside is not. i can put a flashlight on it and dont see movement. the egg has only been cracked for a few hours.should i just leave it? i am worried if its bad it will leak and stink up the incubatorthere are 4 other eggs in there and day 21 is tomorrow.

If the egg is bad... you'd have smelled it by now! Trust me, if it was bad, you'd have smelled it days before it exploded. If tomorrow is day 21, I'd lock up that bator and don't open it again for 2 days. You don't want to dry them out.

well got home from work. the egg looks the same the small end is cracked all around maybe a half inch from the top. it looks now like some ooze is coming out of a spot.really dont smell though

ok i looked with a flashlight through the window. i see the chick trying to poke the egg skin dont look like she can break it. do i poke a small hole for air or leave it? the egg has been cracked all around for 3 days now

If this egg has been cracked all the way around for three days, it's past the 21 day hatch time, and the bator was opened, the chick could have dried out and gotten stuck. You can go in there and try to extract the chick slowly, but be warned that if it is not ready, it can bleed out if it has not adsorbed all the blood and egg yolk into it's body. Just go slow.

i can see the egg through the top window.but i do have to open the top for maybe 5 seconds to put water in it everyday.

Back
Top Bottom