The chicks love thier mama hen inspired brooder.
31AFEB59-5643-46AA-8B82-749A847A2C9E.jpeg

I guess it’s a bit of a fire hazard
If it does not BURN your hand, it is not likely to be a fire hazard. One thing you can do if you do have such concerns, is to place pad on some ceramic, or clay tiles.
images

A 18 x 18 inch tile like this costs about $6. If you have any kind other, laying around and are smaller, just use more than one. :thumbsup

If it does not BURN your hand, it is not likely to be a fire hazard. One thing you can do if you do have such concerns, is to place pad on some ceramic, or clay tiles.
images

A 18 x 18 inch tile like this costs about $6. If you have any kind other, laying around and are smaller, just use more than one. :thumbsup
Sounds great! Thanks for the tips. It is not hot enough to burn my hand but I did have some ceramic tiles kicking around , so I put them under just to be safe . The chicks like to snuggle in that spot the most. They’re not too cold cuz they spend lots of time roaming but when they do settle they lay down in there.
Two of my chicks have pasty butt. Is there anything more I can do for them besides dabbing thier little bums with some warm wetted paper towel ? For now I’m just cleaning them up regularly as best I can and then putting some coconut oil on to soften up the feathers .any tips?

It is in a spot, is that an issue?
Is there a heating pad 'overhead' too?

I guess it’s a bit of a fire hazard
No, I was thinking more that it might be too much heat with both over and under(if that's the case.

Have seen folks use heating pads on floor, works OK
...gonna be 'fun' to clean<wrinklesnose>

Back
Top Bottom