Bantam respiratory illness..help!

Can you weigh them, that way you give a more accurate dosage.

Injectable Tylan50 can be given orally or by injection. It also has a wide dosage range of 10-40mg/kg give 2-3times per day.
I would give them the max dosage to see if that helps, that would translate to .20ml per 1pound of weight given 3times a day.

Since they worsen right after the injections, you may want to try giving it orally. Stress and/or pain from the injection may be making the symptoms worse and you can risk injection site necrosis since you have to administer it several times day.

Orally...just straight medicine or should I add some water to it? I heard that it can burn their throat if given orally?? But that probably is why they r getting worse afterwards...from the stress....and I was worried about the necrosis....I don't want that on top of what they have already. i don't really have .any way to weigh them I just have a regular scale but they don't weigh much so mine probably wouldn't be accurate.

Thank you! My husband does the morning dose and I don't have a small syringe or time to show him how tomorrow..but I will start the oral dose tomorrow evening...and see if they react better to it. I hope they do bc it makes me feel awful the way they look afterwards. And how many days is it ok to give them the tylan? Tomorrow will be the 5th day. I am not sure about three times a day....I will have to see how I can do that. O..and I don't have a postal scale.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think antibiotics treat MG (Mycoplasma gallisepticum) either. It's probably the most common respiratory infection.

The only way to know what you have for sure, is to send one in for testing :(

I don’t know if this my work for you but in addition to the tylan. I put oregano oil which is a very powerful antibiotic along with fresh garlic in their water and their lungs got clear in a couple of days.

Is it pure oregano oil? And is it with the essential oils or with the olive oil..veg oil? The one I found said it was oregano oil a d olive oil mix so I didn't get it....but I'm still looking...pure oregano oil at the place I went to was 45.00 for 1 oz...I didn't get that one.

Most of them are doing better....there r still 3 females that are having a hard time....the others are acting almost normal but u can still hear the rattling in their airway...going to try oregano oil after I get it tomorrow...I gave them some boiled eggs tonight and they ate it so that's an improvement.

Back
Top Bottom