Barred Rock Cockerel, Zane...Updates

Poor Zane! What is happening to the poor guy
sad.png

Have you called a veternarian and asked their opinion on what is wrong with him?

Things just don't seem to be getting better for the poor guy.
I know you really care for him, I hope he pulls through

Cyn, that boy has been through it for sure. I would not expect him to try to bite you...he knows you are trying to help. Even wild animals know (most of the time). Poor boy, I will keep him in prayers as it is time for him to be over all of his. Keep us posted.

Re: spider bite...that sounds so possible. I got bitten on the back when I was 7 months pregnant with my son. I got so sick and a boil about the size of a golfball came up...I had to go to a doc to have it drained. There was hard solidified stuff in it like you described too.

Last edited:
Lynn seems to think that those could be some bone fragments that worked their way out finally and that perhaps he's on the final road to recovery. I sure hope so. No, I haven't taken him to a vet. We have to be our own vets around here, unfortunately. I have to say, he is standing up more and even stood with the bad hock leaning against the other leg, tapped his feet and did a dance for one of the BR girls the other day. He must be feeling better.
Interesting about the spider bite, Cetawin. Whatever this is, better those fragments of stuff are out now! Maybe now the leg can begin to heal. Zane's quite a fighter.

Last edited:
Keeping Zane in our thoughts here, too, Speckledhen.

We've had so much going on, I haven't had a chance to check up, but I'm glad to see he may be on the upswing.

My Dad was terrible sick from a spider bite a few years back. Got real sick after coming home from camp, just woke up one morning, sore joints, dizzy, couldn't walk. Took the dr's. a few days to figure it out, they thought he had a stoke or something.

He had some pretty foul stuff come out of his abcess, but nothing that really resembled bone matter.
hmm.png

We're keeping Zane in our thoughts. Here's to a speedy recovery!
Em

That sweet and very intelligent boy! He knows he is loved and senses you are working to help him so he lets you do what you need to do.
love.gif

All that junk - yikes - I hope very much that with it out of there he can heal better now
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

JJ

Could be that. Hey, Spotted Crow, I hope you dont mind, but I want to name one of my New Hampshire pullets Penny, after your sweet Miss Moneypenny you lost. The color is sort of coppery red and it just seemed to fit and I immediately thought of your hen. Still have to find a name for her sister, though. Thinking maybe Amber.

Back
Top Bottom