Be Aware of Sunny Side Up Ranch in Norco, CA Selling Deadly Sick Chickens

anniejli

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2018
Los Angelas County, California
I am new to this site and was not able to find a place to post breeder review, so I am posting this thread in forum.

I urge everyone who is thinking to buy or already bought chickens from Sunny Side Up Ranch in Norco CA to read their yelp reviews at https://www.yelp.com/biz/sunny-side-up-ranch-norco?osq=sunny+side+up+ranch. This ranch is infected by multiple contagious diseases including Merek's and Respiratory Disease, but the owner Janel denies everything. If you get chickens from her, they will become sick or die or be carriers for life.

Unfortunately, many buyers who had similar experience with this ranch chose to keep silence. If you do not want to have the same heartbreaking experience as I did, please do not buy chickens from Janel of Sunny Side Up Ranch.

I will be happy to provide any proof to stand behind my above statement. If your chickens bought from Janel died shortly after, please share your experience here so more chicken lovers can avoid going through this type of tragedy. God bless you.

I want to thank this site and numerous posters who shared valuable information here. I was able to cure the respiratory disease of my black cooper maran (from Janel's ranch) using Tylan 50 after the antibiotics I bought from my vet failed. I also learnt from this site my lavendar Americauna probably got incurable Merek's disease, so I stopped his treatments by a vet who thought he was having some kidney infection after I've spent hundreds of dollars on office visits and medications just to make him suffer more. I also learnt from this site to perform necropsy on my lavendar Americauna which is the only method to confirm Merek's disease.

I had a very rough start three months ago when I was raising 2 chickens (both bought from Janel) for the first time of my life, and my favorite one till this day passed away tragically, but learning to love chickens and watching them getting more and more closer to you are beautiful. Now I have 13 adult chickens that are happily free range and have their custom-made mansion coop; they get different treats at least 5 times per day (I work from home, that's why). The feeling of my carrier chickens may have an outbreak any time is very frightening, but I must be strong for my chickens and look at the brighter side as I always do. It's an adventure and I'm very well prepared now than I was three months ago.

I wish every chicken lover here raise happy and healthy chickens forever.

Oh my goodness I’m so sorry to hear that! Thank you so much for your post. I am considering adding to my flock. With the disease outbreak and no shipments coming in to California I was considering going to a private hatchery and I saw Sunnyside Up. I was considering on going today. That won’t be happening. Thank you again. Good luck with your new flock!

It's very sad that people take a persons word with out having an first hand knowledge then say they are going to post a negative against a company they have never done business with. Thats social media for you. Shame on you. And if you did your research on Mereks it would tell you tha Mereks can already exist on your property. Or that your whole flock would get it. And it can stay on your property for 10 + years. How was this person able to bring in new chickens in right after her post and all her chickens are doing fine. Please dont try to cast stones on some one you have no first hand knowledge of. Remember this can happen to you by someone that may be new or inexperienced to chickens and things dont go well for them it's easy to blame someone else isnt it.

Which means it could have come fro you as well esp if u had been selling un vaccinated poultry. I would not take the chances similar thing happened to me. There had been no chickens on this property for over 15 years and never to my knowledge. person said she didn’t vaccinate. Then a month later her ads sai vaccinated. I was too inexperienced to know better. Don’t take a chance if in doubt.

And I did get new chicks within a month and not lost any for6+ years but when I get necropsy done now, always Mareks. It is always here thanks to that one purchase I made. Beware

Back
Top Bottom