Because sometimes you have to laugh.... When a cow gets out in NYC...

artmamasays

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
NYC
I am new to BYC, but so far I have noted that most everyone seems to be in a relatively rural area. I grew up on a farm, but have lived in Queens (NYC) for over 10 years. Though most of the time the two places have more in common than I ever thought they would, sometimes they are very different, like when a cow gets out.... This piece isn't about chickens, but it does have a city mouse country mouse flair... I hope that you enjoy!

http://artmamasays.blogspot.com/2012/03/letters-to-home-town-cow-in-queens.html

Very funny story. I'm glad Queeny Maxine got a reprieve.

Not everyone here is rural. I grew up deep woods, now live urban.

Imp

btw-My mom grew up in Queens.

Thanks Imp. I am glad it gave you a laugh. Good to know I am not the only one with city chicks around here too. :)

Cute story, and a big Texas welcome to BYC.
frow.gif

Thank you all for reading. I hope that it brighted a few faces!
AquaEyes - I am in Ozone Park. What part of moving to the Island was hardest for you? As I remember it, life at 12 was hard enough without the moving part!

:welcome
That is such a funny story. Sometimes things happen that just bring a smile to your face. :p

I'm a "city chick" myself, and have lived in the city all my life. I love getting out of boundaries and spending some time out in the plains and mountains, as much as I like living and working among the skyscrapers of downtown.

Last edited:
Are you in NYC or some other area Northwind? I cherish my time back at the farm. I miss the city when I am there but I miss there when I am here...

Back
Top Bottom