Believe in ghosts?, whats your wierdest/scariest story?

I see my grandmother on occasion, she died 10 yrs ago

I heard my dog walk across the floor with his nails a couple days after he died.

When I was a baby, me and my mom were staying in my aunts house. My mom said she woke up and there was an old woman that standing over my crib looking at me. The next morning, my mom told my aunt about this, and my aunt was able to describe her to a tee. She apparently was a woman that was a nurse when the house was a doctors office. My aunt would see her checking in on her kids late at night at least 3 times a week.

I live about 45 min from Gettysburg so we go there a lot. One time I was there, and we were by a creek taking pictures. All of a sudden, I got this horrible feeling like I was being watched. I actually had to leave the area. My mom came an asked what was wrong, I told her that someone was watching me, a described the location of where the spirit was standing. About 5 min later, my cousin walks back and we started looking at the photos. In the location that I said there was someone watching, There was a very clear white figure staring at the camera. The location we were at was called Bloody Creek, because that was whee many of the injured soldiers went to get out of gunfire. There were Confederate and Union soldiers there, because none could fight each other, and it was a fresh source of water. They say that there were so many there at one time, the creek ran red. One day, there was a flood, and all of soldiers that were stuck there drowned.

A couple months ago, I went real ghost hunting in Gettysburg. It was my family plus my aunt and her family, and my uncle and his family. we went to the Hoffman Mansion and used everything you see on those tv shows. The guide told us that in one room a woman hung herself, but he would not tell us which. My cousin, my mom, aunt, and myself were in the bathroom where there was supposed to be a negative spirit. I personally felt a hand grab my ankle, and not two second later, I watched my little cousin's head slam backwards onto the counter top. She was screaming at the top of her lungs "Get off of me!" she ended up getting a little cut, and bleeding some, but no real damage. This was not something she could have done herself. She said that she felt a hand wrap around her neck and push her backwards. After we told the guide, he said that not two weeks before, a little girl that had the same structure and age as my cousin, was pushed down the stairs. At the end of the tour, the guide asked where we thought the woman hung herself. Only me and my aunt were able to pinpoint it to the exact closet.

My aunt has an extra sense(the same one who went hunting, and lived in the house with the old woman). She can pick up on spiritual activity as soon as she walks in a room. She is always telling us about her newest experience. Psychics reuse to even tough her, and many have asked her to leave. She did and experiment where she went around to 30 different psychic places, some well known, other little shops. Not one single person would get near her. She predicted a plane crash before it even happened. She had called my mom one morning saying that she had a dream there was a crash. She was able to tell the exact type and color of the plane, but no other information. About 2 days later, the exact type and color plane she described crashed on the other side of the country.

...or maybe it's just one of these ...

wink.png

My favorite part of my first link was this (section bolded by me for emphasis):

"Epidemiology

One study from as early as 1895[24] reported that approximately 10% of the population experienced hallucinations. A 1996-1999 survey of over 13,000 people[25] reported a much higher figure, with almost 39% of people reporting hallucinatory experiences, 27% of which were daytime hallucinations, mostly outside the context of illness or drug use. From this survey, olfactory (smell) and gustatory (taste) hallucinations seem the most common in the general population."

...especially when compared to this piece of the entry for ghosts (section bolded by me for emphasis):

United States
Further information: Ghosts of the American Civil War and Shadow people

According to the Gallup Poll News Service, belief in haunted houses, ghosts, communication with the dead, and witches had an especially steep increase over the 1990s.[76] A 2005 Gallup poll found that about 32 percent of Americans believe in ghosts.[77]

wink.png

Last edited:
We live on a farm and our house (manufactured home) was put directly on the spot where the original farm house got struck by lightning and burnt to the ground. Since I moved in, I keep seeing 2 cats in the house. I started noticing the little slider door by the water heater was open and I would close it. Next thing I know it was open again. Then I started seeing something out of the corner of my eye. I turn to look at it, see a black shorthair kitty and next thing I know it is gone. Then I started seeing a long haired black and white kitty with it. I was telling my husband that I have seen them in the kitchen and bedroom but I have never seen them in the living room, which I found odd. He said the living room was right over the spot where the fire had originally started since there was a big tree there. Ghosts? I don’t know, but it sure was weird. We have a 100+ year old barn and every once in a while I swear I hear voices and cows moo-ing in it. Just strange things that happen every once in a while. It doesn’t frighten me or anything, I just find it strange.

Quote:
Oh yea? Find a fancy explanation for this...

Me and one of my fiends where walking around her house with nothing to do. So we deside to do a ghost call. We didn't think it would work, we just wanted to pretend and freak out her little brother and his friend. So we went through and about half way through the call she stopped talking. Her eyes closed and when they opened they where the scaryest color green I've ever seen. I'd never witnessed that shade in someones eyes before. Her voice got very high and feathery like a young childs. And she got up speaking jibberish. Then I felt my head hit the ground. We where all sitting cross legged in the dirt and it felt like something shoved me down. Then I heard a more mature voice, that of maybie a 13 year old girl. I flash back to a medow, and there is a pretty girl in her early teens walking along in a flowy pilgrim dress. Then I see a maybie four or five year old girl skipping along behind her. They both have baskets of flowers on their arms. I feel myself get up. But I didnt tell my legs to move. Then I hear the girls voice again. "I'm sorry" thats all she says. I'm sorry. Then me and Skylar both fall to the ground at the same time. When we pull to, we started talking and realized we had the same vision. At the same time. Explain that
big_smile.png

I beleive that there are three types of spirits:
1: From heaven: these are benevolent ghosts, who come to give comfort or aid
2: from purgatory: these spirits are making reparation for wrongs by being caught in the world they lived in, never being able to rest.
3: from hell: demonic, evil, try to hurt or scare.

My family, at least the female members, have had numerous strange experiences. My mom was in a dark theater, cleaning up after a show, the only one there, and something threw a brick at her head. My sister saw our bishop in our house, and then heard a few hours later he had died exactly at the time she had seen him. She also has seen other spirits, both good and evil. My other sister heard the voice of our great-aunt the night she died. I get weird feeling sometimes, especially in older houses, and i do see things, shadows, people, out of the corner of my eye at times.

Its creepy.

I do have two ghosts haunting me.

Before I was born, my great grandmother died. She never met me, but she met my older sister.

Last year, my grandmother, (her daughter) died.

Twice I have been in my room about to fall asleep when I look up and by the ceiling fan (both times in the same spot) there were lights. But there was nothing to cast those lights. They were just there. I immediately knew who and what they were- the ghosts of Grandma and Great-Grandma.

The first time both of them came and I felt comforted. I started talking to them and they started to fade. Great-Grandma faded first. I knew she was going to my sister's room. Then Grandma faded. For some reason, I just KNEW which light was who and where they were going.

The second time just Grandma came. I showed her light to my mother, and Mom could see her too. But she could only see her in flashes, wheras I could see her the whole time.

I've also heard somebody whispering my name, like they wanted to tell me something. At the time, my brother was the only one in the house and he didn't say it. It sounded like it was right next to my ear. Grandma didn't say anything else, just my name.

Also, once I was taking a picture of this bird nest and these faces appeared in the photo.
DSC_0036_2.jpg

See them?

Back
Top Bottom