Believe in ghosts?, whats your wierdest/scariest story?

Quote:
I've had this happen to me too. Just randomly smell something that reminds me of someone. It's always random. I won't even be thinking of them and I'll be in my house so it's always weird not creepy or anything though.
BTW I'm enjoying the stories!

Mind you this is my own thinking here on the subject
wink.png
spirits are unseen, ghost are claimed to be seen by some.
Quote:

Last edited:
THIS IS A REAL ONE, NO JOKE

My friend slept over at my other friends house. One of them woke up in the middle of the night and saw a hat floating. My freinds older brother came in with his BB gun and shot it down.

After they picked up the cap and put it on the rack, they saw a dark figure outside...

I was living in a house that my boyfriends grandmother had owned. His sister lived there before us. One day we were all sitting in the living room when our sheltie started barking and growling looking up into the corner of the wall. My boyfriend's sister says "well that's weird, our dog use to do that too." A couple days later his mom comes over and informs us that her father died in that room.

I was staying with a different boyfriend in an old farm house he had just started renting. He had a room mate and this particular house had been known to be haunted. I would sleep in and be the last to leave in the morning. People couldn't believe I'd stay in that house alone. One morning everyone had left and I was laying in bed staring at the wall. I finally decided to get up and rolled over to see an old man in denim overalls standing in the doorway looking at me. My reaction was to cover my head with the blanket! I got out of that house fast after that and never stayed there alone! I have chills just typing this.

I do not claim to be an expert of any kind in the paranormal. That being said, Farmer_Lew and I used to live in a PROFUSELY haunted house in Louisiana. The ghosts were neither invisible nor silent. Ghost? I dunno. I don't think they are the "souls" of departed humans.

You know, when you pick up a glass of water or touch something, you leave behind a fingerprint and a bit of your own DNA. I think that what humans often perceive as "ghosts" are like an imprint… fingerprint, as it were… of a person's consciousness that remains here. I don't know for sure. Could be all in my head, but I have SEEN ghosts in my own house in Louisiana when we lived in New Roads. They were not shy, nor were they quiet. I have lived in a few homes in my life which did turn out to be "haunted" for lack of a better description.

Farmer_Lew and I married in the haunted house in New Roads, where we were living at the time. We both saw "ghosts" and experienced phenomena we could not explain with normal physical laws.

There's a lot more to this world that we know. Take a soul for instance. I do believe that we all have an essence that defines us. When we die does it die too? If not then it has to go somewhere and to date we cannot detect it.
So as to whether there are or not, I cannot give any definitive answer because we don't have enough evidence one way or the other.

We have an "old man" up here on our property. It's not a scary or intimidating spirit, my husband and I had both experienced seeing him. He'll stand just out of the corner of your vision, in your peripheral. Old man, with a shovel, resting his hands on the top of the handle. Just watching.

We've also seen a little girl in a blue dress. They're always outside, never in our home. I've been working up in the garden, and heard a little girl singing. When I looked to see where the kids were, they were down on the trampoline.

We have no close neighbors, so it couldn't have been a radio or something.

I've done a bit of research and found that the first record of folks on our land was 1823. They had a log cabin, up towards where our garden is. They lost 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl in some sort of pandemic.

We had an old house taken down that had a foundation mark of 1864. One of the remaining sons built his house on the land. The property overlapped the road back then, the barn is no longer part of the property, but still stands in the woods. The story is he hung himself in that barn. We decided to go across and check the old barn out one evening, and I can tell you, it was one of the most malignant-feeling places I've ever been. The dogs wouldn't go inside.

All in all, it doesn't bother me. I stay away from the old barn, LOL.

Even my little boy, who is 5, has come in the house and said, "Momma, I see your man with the shovel."

Very cool stuff.

Blessings-
Em

Back
Top Bottom