Best animal to raise for raw fed dogs?

i agree with watchdog...

i feed prey model and my dogs are tiny so when doing larger prey like chicken, 1 chicken is a week or more worth of meals for my 3 and 5lb er...

generally i do whatever i can get my hands on...i do try and switch it up with 3 different sources (rabbit quail and makerel) but some months its mostly rabbit, others it might be chicken because thats all i can get ect...

its better than corn, and byproduct and dyes...
and ill continue to follow prey model full time once i get my own place rather than only partial raw as i feed right now.

check out this CL ad!! I am just in awe of total stupidity! A person is selling rabbit for raw food diets and this is an ad responding to it!RAW FEEDING???????????? (ANYWHERE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-09-13, 6:00PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT THE HECK IS RAW FEEDING?????????????????? IT THAT WHAT YOU WOULD GIVE AN ANIMAL TO MAKE THEM ATTACK?????????????/OR GIVE IT TO A PITBULL???????????????? THEY SELL RABBITS(DEAD) FOR FOOD??????????????? THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS !!!!!!!!

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Because apparently people think dogs eat vegetable and corn and wheat???

Actually, I think those breasts are manufactured somewhere in Hollywood......

big_smile.png

Quote:
we feed ours beef, pork, mutton, goats, pigeons, chooks, ducks, turkeys, geese, venison (if I happen to shot one) and anything they can catch like sparrows, bunnies, quails, etc...

but.. a pigeon is a good meal, for the size of my dogs, 1 pigeon (whole) feeds 1 dog a day feather and all.... usually not a trace of it left...

Last edited:
I'd like to know more about raising birds for my dogs.

How hard is it to raise pigeons for them? (provided I don't name them all and get attached and have to start to raise something for the pigeons and then get attached to that and name that, and.................)
smile.png

im told squab (the official name for pigeon meat) is very easy to raise!, i belive theres a pigeon forum here on BYC.

nzpouter! thats funny, if i tried to give mine with feathers attatched thered be feathers everywhere, my dogs pluck...they wont eat em, just spit em out all over the place LOL.

Back
Top Bottom