Best feed for Ducks?

I understand you have hens as well. For conveninece in feeding, I'm going to suggest you find an all flock-type feed from a recognized manufacturer they tend to have more niacin in them (which the ducks need) at levels still perfectly safe for chickens. Added benefit, you are more likely to find a selection of useful all flock in stock to choose from than a selection of duck feeds.

However, you you go to your local store, snap some photos of the guaranteed nutrition tags of products in a price range acceptable to you, several of us would be happy to help you select the best of what's there.

Does us no good to recommend Acme-Brand super duck food (also good for road runners!) if unlike Wile E. Coyote, you can't get it delivered in your neck of the woods.

1695252687395.png

I understand you have hens as well. For conveninece in feeding, I'm going to suggest you find an all flock-type feed from a recognized manufacturer they tend to have more niacin in them (which the ducks need) at levels still perfectly safe for chickens. Added benefit, you are more likely to find a selection of useful all flock in stock to choose from than a selection of duck feeds.

However, you you go to your local store, snap some photos of the guaranteed nutrition tags of products in a price range acceptable to you, several of us would be happy to help you select the best of what's there.

Does us no good to recommend Acme-Brand super duck food (also good for road runners!) if unlike Wile E. Coyote, you can't get it delivered in your neck of the woods.

View attachment 3640769
Will do, thank you! What’s your opinion on All Flock?

Will do, thank you! What’s your opinion on All Flock?
My ducks did very well on both the Purina Flock Raiser and the Nutrena All Flock, both should be available at the typical TSC, and your chickens will do well on it too. You will want to offer free choice oyster shell to support the calcium needs of your layer hens.

My ducks did very well on both the Purina Flock Raiser and the Nutrena All Flock, both should be available at the typical TSC, and your chickens will do well on it too. You will want to offer free choice oyster shell to support the calcium needs of your layer hens.
Thank you! I’ve heard so much about giving them oyster shells, but have never really looked into it. Do you mind telling me more, please? Thank you all so much for all the wonderful information. 🦆

Back
Top Bottom