Best Roosting Bar for Chicken Feet

We've always had a baby monitor in coop. Started out with good sized Osage Orange branches. Switched to 2x4's owing to my wanting to fold them up and out of the way when cleaning coop (small coop). 4" for the feet. Amount of whining/growling/yipping dropped off to nothing once the 11ft. of OO was replaced with planks to walk. Just our experience.

So much good info! Thank-you. So now I'm between branches and just flipping to the 4" side of the planks.

(we found a baby monitor at DH's jobsite (renov) right around the time we moved the chicks from the house to the greenhouse brooder (temporary..while buiding the coop)...and it found its way to the brooder and now the coop. So nice to be able to 'check in on them'.

I probably have too much roost space 2 planks at 8' each for 19 growing birds, but 15 are going to be big fat Orpies.

Has everyone looked at this site for great poop elim ideas uder the roost?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/621363/poop-board-convert-warning-graphic-gross-poop-pictures

Got six in the coop now five more on their way in. Needed some more sleep space for the new girls. Think I will try the branches idea.

Back
Top Bottom