Big snow storm!

Hey Going Quakers! Nice to see you here! Yep, same here. Hubby went to work yesterday, so I had to plow with ATV w/blade for first time. Lol, that was fun! Did a good enough job for him to get in anyway. I haven't seen this much snow since I lived in Winnipeg or Montreal!

Oh, my gosh! hello!
big_smile.png
I didn't even recognize you! We got more than 16" i realized that after i really started to look(er walk in it).. but heck after 10 who cares, it's way to much! i have snowblowed so many places and now freezing rain and rain moves in tonight?
he.gif

Last edited:
Wow...he is going to be one tired guy when he gets home. Full sized tractor or garden tractor? Reason I ask is I used to do our half mile of road and 2 driveways, another half mile between them, with a 25 hp garden tractor, lol. I have snowblower for it but man, was that cold! A day like today, with the wind, you end up with a face full of snow more often than not with the wind blowing it back at you.

He was beat! Once he was settled in at work (5 hours late
tongue.png
), all of a sudden he realized he had jelly-limbs from everything he'd been doing. He's taking it easy today!!

We recently got a plow attachment and tire chains for our riding lawn mower. *chuckle* (Our three year old calls it a tractor, so we do, too.) "It ain't fancy," and it apparently can't handle big jobs... but now that the blizzard's over, he's been outside playing with it and getting more used to it. A small tractor is definitely on the wish list!

Last edited:
He was beat! Once he was settled in at work (5 hours late
tongue.png
), all of a sudden he realized he had jelly-limbs from everything he'd been doing. He's taking it easy today!!

We recently got a plow attachment and tire chains for our riding lawn mower. *chuckle* (Our three year old calls it a tractor, so we do, too.) "It ain't fancy," and it apparently can't handle big jobs... but now that the blizzard's over, he's been outside playing with it and getting more used to it. A small tractor is definitely on the wish list!
If you can, find a snowthrower attachment for it. You will be amazed at the difference! In a month or so you might even find one used that will fit. I've cleared snow with mine that the truck and plow couldn't. I agree with your 3 yr. old.....it's a tractor, lol. In the mean time, here's a trick that might help. If you have the weights for the wheels you can always pull an old set of springs from a mattress behind it to break the tension of the snow. Once you do that the plow will work. Just has to be disturbed a bit, lol, then the blade will work. they sell those plows to people without asking if they are going to be using them on a paved driveway or not. They're meant for that, not, I'm assuming, a dirt road as I have.

Snow blower attachment X2. I have one and it works fine on my gravel surface driveway. Just be sure to adjust it so it does not pick up a lot of stones. Of course, one gets a face full of snow now and then when the wind shifts!

Snow blower attachment X2. I have one and it works fine on my gravel surface driveway. Just be sure to adjust it so it does not pick up a lot of stones. Of course, one gets a face full of snow now and then when the wind shifts!
Lol, yes and always aim the chute away from cars and windows. I peppered my husband's car when I first used ours, lol. I learned really fast how to be quick with rotating that chute!

lau.gif
We have a dirt drive and a push snow blower and I'm always waiting for the sounds of rocks crashing through our windows. Hehe. I didn't know there was a snow blower attachment -- thanks! I'll pass the word to my husband.
highfive.gif

Yeah, I try and collect all the stones and put them back in the driveway or somewhere before I mow in the spring. But, you know, the mower always seems to find one or two that I missed
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom