Pics

Phanata

Songster
Jul 3, 2020
This competition has no prize! Just for fun :> The competition will be over at the end of the month!

CRITERIA:
Bird
Must be hatched
Story about said bird
RULES:
No gory photos!
Don’t be mad if you don’t win! I look at all the entries and enjoy looking and reading about other people’s birds!

you can enter as many birds in one entry! At a time stories aren’t required but definitely fun to read! and gives you a better chance to win!

your allowed to make as many entries as you’d like :)
Winners will be pinned at the top at the end of the month! Good luck! I can’t wait to see your entries! :>

Last edited:
04445BC2-375A-453B-8C7E-FA34E6073C04.jpeg
EE041D4A-2518-41F0-B713-EFE3D8C951D5.jpeg
74BDD766-8137-4788-8264-6619B8175C7D.jpeg
A414E86D-5E4B-4D32-8C11-AC54945A3183.jpeg
01CFD45B-F576-4691-96EB-C43F47256A13.jpeg
E3DD721C-044C-4183-B39C-7C2FF76FFCCD.jpeg
BDCBA04B-A8A0-4298-8B11-ACBC3A6E20D7.jpeg
This is Beane, a male Tibetan tuxedo coturnix. I rescued him off craigslist when he was five weeks old. He was going to be a companion for my other quail, a bobwhite hen (found wandering in my yard), but she scalped him. Beane fully recovered, though he’s still missing some of the feathers on his head, making it look like he’s balding. Since then he’s gotten tame due to me handling him a lot. His hobbies include sticking his head up my sleeve, dust-bathing vigorously, and trying to flirt with chickens.

Here are my sweet chickadoos! They were hatched August 12th. I haven't had chickens in 10 years and was thrilled when my hubby gave me the green light (with the condition that he didn't have to help 😅) i just finished building the coop all by myself and absolutely ADORE my girls and Roofio who turned out to be a boy. I am quickly becoming a crazy chicken lady and I absolutely love it!
20200815_114953.jpg
20200815_114814.jpg
20200815_114512.jpg
20200815_114301.jpg
20200815_113933.jpg
20200815_121629.jpg
20200918_191256.jpg

tillie.jpg

Name: Tillie
Breed: White Leghorn
A story:
Our other birds are red sex links, so they are heavy bodied and cannot fly very well. Tillie likes to prover her flying superiority by flying to get to treats, instead of running like a normal chicken. One time she flew over all three of the others at once just to get to her favorite treat! Blueberries.
Notes:
Her comb and wattles are definitely larger and redder now. Her feathers look like they're brown in some spots but really she is just dirty.

IMG_9697.jpeg
IMG_9691.jpeg

Name: Spaghetti
Breed: He is a cross breed from our backyard chickens
A story:
This is Spagetti, he was hatched out by our broody a couple years ago, we already had a rooster, and were trying to figure out what to do with him, for we didn't wan to cull him. Our grandpa wanted a rooster, so we decided to give him away. The best part of her story is naming him. Our grandpa said he was gonna name him Pecker Head, and we couldn't let that happen, so we decided to name him Spaghetti, because that is something my grandpa likes to say! Sadly, he recently escaped his enclosure and got eaten by a predator, so he is gone, but was a beautiful, sweet boy!

IMG_5001.jpeg

Name: Dale
Breed: Salmon Faverolle
A story:
Dale we hatched under an incubator with a couple other chicks, he sadly turned out to be a rooster, with the 4 other roos that came from the same hatch. Though we had to rehome him, he had a habit of finding and eating dead mice, shrews, chipmunks, and even birds that my cats killed! When he finds them, he grabs them and runs with them like he has won the lottery, and then commences making it on the ground like it was a worm! It was adorable, yet descusting at the same time! Eventually the other chickens would run after him to hopefully steal a chunk! he was just too cute! Enjoy!

This is my 4 1/2 year old Barred Rock, Marble. She is my quietest chicken, rarely ever making and noise. She likes to be around people, but doesn't really like to be touched. She likes to scratch and look for worms, and eat treats! As she's gotten older, her joints have gotten weaker and she can't get up on roosts anymore. I have to make sure she always has something fun to do on the ground, so that she doesn't get bored.

Marble portrait.jpeg

This is Bunny, my 17 week old EE cockerel. He is the most pathetic rooster ever, because he's scared of everything, including butterflies. He is very friendly though, and he will let you hold him for ages. He is trying to take charge of the flock now, but my bantam cockerel chases him all over the place, and the ladies won't listen to him. He's very cute though! :gig

IMG_20201013_134148013_HDR.jpg

This is my 17 week old frizzle Cochin bantam. He is the man of the flock, and tries to be very macho. He has even started mounting the hens (he's much too small to actually accomplish anything though :gig) He is very friendly, and likes to be held (as long as the ladies aren't watching!) He's also starting to alert the flock to dangers, but he's not quite sure what is dangerous and what isn't, so he's alerting every few minutes. The ladies are starting to get exasperated!

IMG_20201013_133551895~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom