Birdwatching Chat Thread

I see Red-tailed hawks, Peregrine Falcons, Turkey and Black vultures, Bald Eagles, Northern Harriers, Blue Jays, Northern Cardinals, Robins, Gray Catbirds, Mockingbirds, Barn Swallows, Chipping Saprrows, House Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Brown Thrashers, House Wrens, Red-winged black birds, Baltimore Orioles, Great Blue Herons, Canada Geese, I saw a Cedar Waxwing once, Carolina Wren, Juncos, Tufted Titmice, Great-crested Flycatchers, Eastern Wood Peewees, Pheobes, Eastern Bluebirds, Common Yellowthroat, etc.
My favorite bird that lives by me would probably be the House Wren. A pair built a nest in a bird house right by my window and I got to watch the babies grow up and fledge. It was really great. There was also a Gray Catbird nest right next to the wren nest. One of the fledglings got eaten by a snake, but the others survived. It was really cute to see them fly for the first time.
Aww, too bad about the snake, but I'm glad the rest survived! You are a lot!

This little fella an their family have been nesting in the roof of my house. Do you now what they are? It has a bit of a fluff on the back of the head and it is a bit brown, also has a raspy call.
20200709_171032.jpg

20200709_170948.jpg

20200709_170920.jpg

This thread is for all birdwatchers! What birds do you see around you every day? What birds are your favorite? Seen any rarities recently? I'm wondering how many wild bird lovers we can pull out of hiding!

I live in Idaho. Around me I normally see American Robins, European Starlings (invasive), House Sparrows (also invasive), Mallards, Canada Geese, American and Lesser Goldfinches, House Finches, Red-tailed and Swainson's Hawks, Mourning and Collared Doves, and American Kestrels.

My favorite birds are probably American Kestrels and Ospreys, though it's hard to choose because there are so many cool birds!
What a great idea @SoftSilkie!! I live in Idaho too!! I live next to a wildlife area, so i can see a lot of cool birds!! Adding on to what you see, i also see Brown-Headed Cowbirds, Bullock's Orioles, Song Sparrows, Wood ducks, Northern Shovelers, the occasional blue or green- winged teal, and American and Eurasian Teal!! Hey, @SoftSilkie, could we share some pics too??

Back
Top Bottom