Birdwatching Chat Thread

Pics
We have a cardinal sometimes. Saw a Road Runner when I worked in Santa Fe, I live on the bank of the Carrabassett so often see eagles. And we have an active turkey hunt here. I have them in my yard most every day.
We have cardinals that breed here. And Bald Eagles fly along the river we live on daily. Of course we have hawks and owls. I saw a Ruby throated hummer today. Also wild Turkeys here.

Sorry for being off for some time. The internet people cut off the internet without warning. In the afternoon so that we couldn't pay and ect.
Yesterday, a little grey humingbird with a red chest with a white ring around it was following me. What breed do you think it is?
Judging by where you live, it was probably a beautiful Ruby-throated Hummingbird (more info here: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Ruby-throated_Hummingbird/id). I looked it up on eBird by location. Speaking of eBird, does anybody here use it?

Here's a picture I took last year of a ruby throated hummingbird. This is either a female or immature male. They love these trumpet flowers which will be blooming in another week or so and I am hoping to get more hummingbird shots. They are such fascinating birds. My daughter did a science fair project on them when she was in grade 5 to see what colour they preferred. Turns out they don't really have much of a preference.

IMG_0380 (2) f.jpg

Here's a picture I took last year of a ruby throated hummingbird. This is either a female or immature male. They love these trumpet flowers which will be blooming in another week or so and I am hoping to get more hummingbird shots. They are such fascinating birds. My daughter did a science fair project on them when she was in grade 5 to see what colour they preferred. Turns out they don't really have much of a preference.

View attachment 2246562
I love this picture so much!:love

Back
Top Bottom