1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Black Copper Maran Rooster (13 weeks old) For Sale or Trade

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Darmamommy, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Darmamommy

Darmamommy Chirping

Apr 7, 2015
    SW Washington
    I have a beautiful young Black Copper Maran Rooster.
    Purchased as brand new chicks on March 15th.
    Started Crowing a few weeks ago. We live in the city limits so he unfortunately has to go.
    Would like to either sell him for $15 obo or trade for a new layer or young female pullet around the same age. IMG_20190603_213419_024.jpg IMG_20190603_213419_027.jpg IMG_20190603_213419_026.jpg 20190603_205250.jpg

2. Just wanted to comment that my current rooster is a BCM and I love him. He 's gentle with people, and really good at alerting for hawks (also blue jays, crows, rain clouds, airplanes... he thinks everything is a hawk), and showing everybody where the food is. Yours is going to be so pretty!

Darmamommy likes this.
  3. Darmamommy

Darmamommy Chirping

Apr 7, 2015
    SW Washington
    I really wish I could keep him. He's already so stunning and am sure he will be even more as he matures. He crows as early as 5 in the morning. With 2 neighbors with new babies and summertime making us all have our windows open, well it's a bit much. They already say my hens are noisy. But I give them eggs occasionally so they don't seem to mind much anymore.

5. Darmamommy

Darmamommy Chirping

Apr 7, 2015
    SW Washington
    Bump.
    Really need to sell this little buddy. He's even more colorful now than when I posted these pictures.

6. amberandbuddy

amberandbuddy Hatching

Jun 20, 2019
    Where are you located?

7. Darmamommy

Darmamommy Chirping

Apr 7, 2015
    SW Washington
    I'm in town La Center Wa.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: