black friday.... is it really worth it?

we dont have anything like this up here...

we have our boxing day sales but then you get little old ladies stealing your parking spot and saying "oh sorry dear I did not see you" thats the biggest confrontations we have here...lol

you get the best wrapping paper on sale those days too !
wink.png

Quote:
I'm with speckledhen on this- we don't do Christmas gifts in the family anymore. We're all adults, no kiddos, Though if a kiddo came along..... (ARE YOU LISTENING NEPHEWS????) Yes. for kids. But shopping on these days scheduled by retailers to create a frenzy? No way.

I don't buy into hype. Some folks have great fun shopping, I'm not one of them. If you enjoy it, go for it.
big_smile.png

I worked two Black Friday's at Bath and Body Works and I will attest that it is absolutely insane. You can get really good deals, but you also have to deal with really raunchy attitudes to get those good deals. To me it's simply not worth dealing with the demons that are out shopping that day. They get absolutely crazy and completely nuts! Take the day off, stay home, and sleep in.
wink.png

No and I dont like those kind of things people are going "Jerk-ell and Hyde". I'd rather wait and take my time getting those deals and best deals are after Xmas!

Quote:
hehehehe the friend is the jerk-ell and hyde type... she will rip ya a new one with a smile on her face.

Instead of the normal black friday crazy, we go to the mall when it opens to be the first ones to pick out names off the giving tree. the kids pick a kid thier ages, Mr Saddi and I grab teens, and we shop for them instead. Just because the tree's at the mall doesn't mean you need to buy from there, so we'll go to say radioshack for a videogame or the bike shop for a helmet.

Another thing to note, often unless you're there at 6AM, the good deals are gone. Often it's a specific model # of say flat screen TV's that's the $300 one, and they only have 12 of those, but if you don't mind spending $450......

Last edited:
My hubby loves shopping, and black friday is HIS day - I stay away, I hate it.
You can probably find just as good a deal online for most things. Alot of places are offering online deals.

I did it once. A specialty store at a large mall had a 50% sale on Swarovski crystal animals, and my mom collects them. They are normally between $50-150. That was my only outing and I dodged people like ping pong balls.

Back
Top Bottom