Black Friday Shopping 2012

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
It's that time again! Same question as last year.......... :D

Is anyone preparing to do a little shopping at Wal Mart or any other store on Black Friday? If so, what's on your list to buy? What time are you getting up to go and stand in line?

Any Black Friday horror stories from past years?
:pop

I am looking forward to the Home Depot and Costco black friday ads, the rest....can't deal with the crowds

Horror stories...a couple years back, a bunch of people got into a massive brawl over some stupid electronic. Full on, fist flying, hair pulling and biting.

As for this year? No. Freaking. Way.

I am grabbing a beer, some beef jerky, and watching movies the entire day. Might flip over to the local news to keep tabs on the insanity.

Horror stories...a couple years back, a bunch of people got into a massive brawl over some stupid electronic. Full on, fist flying, hair pulling and biting. 

As for this year? No. Freaking. Way.

I am grabbing a beer, some beef jerky, and watching movies the entire day. Might flip over to the local news to keep tabs on the insanity.

:yuckyuck

:lau

Going to buy a new fishing rod from Bi-Mart. Even on Black Friday you would be hard pressed to find a crowd at that store. That's the only thing on my list this year.

I will do what I have done for most of the last 19 years, go to work. I work at a grocery store and I am glad to work black Friday, my store is relatively slow because most people are either stuffed and have left overs from the day before, or are among the insane midnight-noon shoppers hitting the malls and big box stores. We have a few people doing their weekly shopping or buy a few things they are out of or need for Friday/Saturday gatherings because of other family/work conflicts but it's awful slow. I even switched departments and deal with deliveries now and I have a good rush from a few delivery people fist thing of the morning because the big box stores want them out of the stores by 4 or 5 am and they slam me for an hour or so and then I work on my list of chores and then wait for the slow pokes who complain about the traffic and they would have delivered earlier had they known it was going to be so hectic out at some of the shopping centers (same people for the most part they aren't very smart).

I don't do crowds or mobs.

pop.gif

I wouldn't shop on Black Friday even if the merchandise was free. That said, we have a neighbor that thinks of Black Friday shopping as a sport and wouldn't miss it for anything. Last year I gave her some money and she bought a bunch of towels for me. I think they were a buck apiece at WalMart. They aren't the fanciest towels in the world but they certainly are serviceable, and it is nice to have plenty of towels for once.

I wouldn't shop on Black Friday even if the merchandise was free. That said, we have a neighbor that thinks of Black Friday shopping as a sport and wouldn't miss it for anything. Last year I gave her some money and she bought a bunch of towels for me. I think they were a buck apiece at WalMart. They aren't the fanciest towels in the world but they certainly are serviceable, and it is nice to have plenty of towels for once.

You can never have to many towels. I'll go to Home Depot later in the day if I need to but wont even drive by Walmart.

pop.gif

It's that time again! Same question as last year..........
big_smile.png

Is anyone preparing to do a little shopping at Wal Mart or any other store on Black Friday? If so, what's on your list to buy? What time are you getting up to go and stand in line?
Any Black Friday horror stories from past years?
pop.gif
Horrors of horrors. I'm staying home and riding my horses. Might check out a few internet sites for horse blankets, bridles, saddles, brushes, dewormer........all those important things horse people need. Might even check on a new lens for the camera, but I ain't driving anywhere.

I worked at Walmart for one year, which included the holidays. Talk about pack mentality. You'd think humans would act better than that. And all for what? I don't think celebrating the birth of Christ is about spending wads of money and murdering a pine tree.

Whatever happened to Thanksgiving? You know. The holiday about giving thanks?

Back
Top Bottom