Black Jersey Giant thread!!!!!

Pics
my 2 JG at 8 wks they are both suppose to be pullits but now I'm not sure about snookie ???

This chicken is @8weeks old plus maybe a few days. Does this look like a Black Jersey Giant to you experienced folk? It was supposed to be a Black Australorp. But it has a beak coloring and around the eye coloring different than my other black chicken of the same age. Also if a BJG do you see pullet or cockerel Here is a closeup of the head, the bird on the left is the one I'm asking about. This is the friendliest and most docile of the 4 chicks I bought. Thanks for your opinions! Jeannie
Look on the bottom of their feet if yellow it's a jersey if pinkish white australorp

Last edited:
Maybe you guys can tell me if this bird is a boy or girl. My nephew has named it Sparky and while the other chicks in the group have already combed or wattled enough for me to tell, this one just isn't giving me much to go on. The only thing I can see is that it's face is more red than the white leghorn hen but doesn't have as much of comb and wattle as the wellsummer cockerel.
They wree hatched out on April 11th, so they are four months old.

Back
Top Bottom