black meat breeds, silkies ect....

I had forgotten about this thread. I do have Fm birds, had some good ones until a recent preditor attack, but mine are NN. The survivors are on the small side so I have to work on getting size back up. And my darkest ones are gone so it will probably be several generations before I get some good dark going again.

Sadly all these birds are gone now.

Where to find breeders/chicks of these Large, Black meat birds?
Thanks!

They aren't real easy to find that is for sure. Looking at the threads that deal more w/ dark skinned ones is a start and asking those that post if they sell eggs or chicks. I don't have enough Fm birds left to sell any eggs as hatching any out reliably, and the ones I have left are on the small size. There are a few breeds that have the dark skin that you could get and cross w/ larger breeds for Fm mixes if you don't mind mixes. GFF has one really dark skinned cremini (or something like that) anyway it is waaaaaaaaaaay expensive.

Are you guys sure there aren't any standard/large size/meat type silkie in the USA? I know in California, espcially my part of the state has lots of big white silkies for sale. I've already posted these same pic before on a few threads, but everyone likes pics, so here they are

And tomorrow, I get my Ayam cemani cockerel from Mike/wolfwhyte, will upload pics when I get him at the PO.

Last edited:
Are you guys sure there aren't any standard/large size/meat type silkie in the USA? I know in California, espcially my part of the state has lots of big white silkies for sale. I've already posted these same pic before on a few threads, but everyone likes pics, so here they are

And tomorrow, I get my Ayam cemani cockerel from Mike/wolfwhyte, will upload pics when I get him at the PO.
There is at least one bycer that has large silkies. I do not remember her user name, it was some time ago when we had a conversation about it. I would think there would be others too.

Forgot to mention, those pics are of my large silkies. Top pic is a bantam hen and a lf silkie pullet together, second pic is cockerel and a Brahma roo, so you guys get a pic of just how big the LF/meat type silkie are in comparison to a standard LF dual purpose breed.

IMG

Back
Top Bottom