Black Swedish

3xhhheather

Crowing
May 8, 2020
Finger Lakes, NY/5B
Looking for any leads on Black Swedish hens, preferably juveniles. I posted in my state thread (NC) but figured it wouldn’t hurt to also share here. About a month ago one of my original babes passed away and it was devastating. It still feels weird just seeing two lil tuxedos running around instead of three. I’m open to traveling a bit as I’d like to avoid having to raise ducklings through the winter <3

Was able to find a little Black Swedish hen, who has terrible angel wing (it was cropped out of the photo 🙃). Of course, I had to get her friends so she didn't settle in alone, so a mismarked Magpie & Cayuga came home too. All are terribly skiddish and hanging out in my bathroom for the day, before heading into their quarantine digs for the next two weeks.

Congrats!! 🥳 Aww, poor girl...I just don't see why her angel wing wasn't disclosed to you. Some people. Anyhow, it sounds like she'll be happier with you and her two new pals (and, in the not too far-off future, the duck group). Best wishes!

Back
Top Bottom