What do I do?

Attachments

• IMG_2604.jpeg
    IMG_2604.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2605.jpeg
    IMG_2605.jpeg
    505.7 KB · Views: 42
I dont know very much but I would give a small dish of water with a teaspoon of sugar in it and dip her beak in so she knows what/where it is and also food next to it . if you dont have chicken feed you can make something like a scrambled egg for her.
Use some saline to rinse her eyes.
now I tag some wise ones
@azygous @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock

Plain Neosporin not the type with added "pain relief". I've been told it can cause problems for chickens.

If you can, rinse a bit with some saline first. If not, just use the plain Neosporin. It may help with the infection and give her some relief.

Glad to hear she took some sips of water. She is probably scared, in pain and confused.

Bless you for helping her.

Hopefully someone more experienced than me will see the tags and respond soon. She will need additional care.

The "snoring" combined with eye discharge makes me think she likely has a bad respiratory infection. Is she coughing or sneezing, laboring to breathe at all? Any breathing sounds when awake? Maybe also have a look into her mouth and smell her breath to look for additional symptoms. Poop pictures also could be helpful in assessing her state; guessing she's really struggling with nourishment in this condition.

I'm not qualified to go further than a guess but if it is respiratory infection,
you might end up doing a course of antibiotics to try and get her through this.

The "snoring" combined with eye discharge makes me think she likely has a bad respiratory infection. Is she coughing or sneezing, laboring to breathe at all? Any breathing sounds when awake? Maybe also have a look into her mouth and smell her breath to look for additional symptoms. Poop pictures also could be helpful in assessing her state; guessing she's really struggling with nourishment in this condition.

I'm not qualified to go further than a guess but if it is respiratory infection,
you might end up doing a course of antibiotics to try and get her through this.
she has sneezed and is struggling to breathe, she has some bubbles coming out of her beak earlier and she smells really bad. She has not pooped

Back
Top Bottom