Bloody Chicken Poop, Diahhrea, Poop Chart

Welcome to BYC! That poop charts has errors. If you see more than a couple of poops with blood, or what they call intestinal lining, it's *not* normal!

-Kathy

Oh, not good. My five week old chick's poop has been runny for a while now. His water is treated with probiotics, and his feed is medicated against coccidiosis, so I thought we would be safe. Just now, I noticed his poop had some reddish muck in it. It wasn't bright red like these pictures, nut it was amidst lots of oily gunk and some white streamy stuff. I think this is the first time this has happened, and the others seem fine. He's acting normal, running around and being as loud as he usually is. He's a five week old Orpington (who may not be a "he") if that helps. Is it something that needs to be treated? If so, how can I help? Thank you so much!

Anyone on here still active? Is this normal shedding of the intestinal lining or should I be concerned about Coccidiosis?

It looks like strawberry jam...

Just wondering if this poop is okay or not for my chicken to be having. She is an Easter egger (didn't know if that mattered) and has been pooping like this for a couple days, I'm very worried for her and a
I am looking for a solution.

Ahhh, Thank you soooo much for this chart.
Saves a lot of stressing. I too was concerned about the red in the poo on otherwise very healthy pullets. Intestinal lining makes so much sense. :)

My 6 chickens starting making poop like this almost a week ago, not all their poops are like this, but i think it is strange. Could they be sick or have a parasite?

Hey, did you ever find out what this is? I found something similar to this in my coop yesterday morning and have never seen anything like it in my hens. I am so worried that something is wrong with her!

Thanks,
Amanda

Hey, did you ever find out what this is? I found something similar to this in my coop yesterday morning and have never seen anything like it in my hens. I am so worried that something is wrong with her!

Thanks,
Amanda
the black one, i have no idea, i think its something it ate, maybe it ate charcoal. The red one looks to be severe cocci, and the white one could be a possible kidney problem. The one i posted, i think maybe it was caused by the heat, and them drinking more water, they have not done it anymore since the cold front hit.

I found small amounts of intestine lining in my one chickens poo which I think just started yesterday. It was also really runny between the two bloody ones. I isolated her but are my other chickens at risk and do I need to treat them as well?

Back
Top Bottom