Bloody Poo Help

ANiceKaren

Songster
Apr 15, 2020
Frazier Park California
Hi friends! I have a hen who has bloody stools. I’ve only noticed it recently on the top of coop (where they sleep). I’ve seen it past few weeks while cleaning the run area. I think I’ve narrowed it down to two girls, not 100% sure who’s it is yet. The weird thing is none of girls are acting sick at all… everyone seems healthy, happy and doing well outside of some bloody poo here and there…. Ive done my cocci research and I have Corid but I’m not sure that’s the issue. I’m almost wondering if this hasn’t been going on for a long time now because months ago I saw a little red in a few poos but thought it was just something they are. Now I’m not so sure… thoughts on what to do? The girl I think it’s from is a 26ish week Easter Egger pullet who isn’t laying yet but will be any day now!

Do you have any pictures of the bloody droppings? It might be orangey red intestinal shed, which is normal occasionally, but need to see it. If you have a local vet who will run a fecal float, especially if you are taking a dog or cat in for a check up, that would be good to rule out coccidiosis or worms.

Do you have any pictures of the bloody droppings? It might be orangey red intestinal shed, which is normal occasionally, but need to see it. If you have a local vet who will run a fecal float, especially if you are taking a dog or cat in for a check up, that would be good to rule out coccidiosis or worms.
I wi
ill try and get a pic :) thanks

Karen have they been free ranging? Maybe they have found some berries? Just recently mine had been after wild grapes & burning bush.
They free range all day AND I have noticed them trying to eat these rose bush type berries… I’ll get a pic of those

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 12
That could be it but I would still try to get some poo pics..... lol everybody loves those. Better to look at all possibilities.
Finally got a pic of “bloody poo” haven’t seen one in weeks till today! Is this blood or intestinal lining? Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 21E44C94-4429-427B-BF5B-49270EF5F5AB.jpeg
    21E44C94-4429-427B-BF5B-49270EF5F5AB.jpeg
    781.8 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom