HELP WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY HEN WILL SHE BE OKAY :(

So, I’ve been giving her coconut oil and massaging her and she’s still being given the electrolytes and probiotics I was giving her before. I believe she’s doing better now in the morning she has an appetite to eat some feed she’s drinking water. Today she didn’t really drink so much water. But I’m starting to get worried because she isn’t eating well. She tends to eat watermelon still and she likes having mealworms too. I realized today I’m not sure if it was a burp but they smell kinda funny. In the morning she wakes up with full crop still but once it’s the end of the day it’s less full feeling and more watery/squishy like. I’m worried due to her not eating well I am aware it’s due to the crop issues at the moment. I haven’t had a chance to go to the store yet to look if there might be some cellulase but Im planning too. Is there anything else I should or not be doing?
Did you read the article I linked?
If her breath starts to smell you may be dealing with sour crop. That means a yeast infection has taken over the contents of her crop while it wasn’t emptying.
You continue efforts to get her crop to empty but need to add something for the yeast infection.
Go to the women’s health aisle and get a cream used for vaginal yeast infections. I am not sure how precise the dosing can be but I recall giving about an inch of cream.
I can see if I made notes on dosing later.
Getting that crop to empty is really important!

Did you read the article I linked?
If her breath starts to smell you may be dealing with sour crop. That means a yeast infection has taken over the contents of her crop while it wasn’t emptying.
You continue efforts to get her crop to empty but need to add something for the yeast infection.
Go to the women’s health aisle and get a cream used for vaginal yeast infections. I am not sure how precise the dosing can be but I recall giving about an inch of cream.
I can see if I made notes on dosing later.
Getting that crop to empty is really important!
yes I did read it I’ll reread it and her breath doesn’t smell anymore it was just that one day for some reason. Her crop is empty now she’s been eating feed and drinking water but just in the morning I’ll look more into the cream. She also has more of an appetite now.

yes I did read it I’ll reread it and her breath doesn’t smell anymore it was just that one day for some reason. Her crop is empty now she’s been eating feed and drinking water but just in the morning I’ll look more into the cream. She also has more of an appetite now.
Sounds like maybe she is turning the corner. That is good news!

Sounds like maybe she is turning the corner. That is good news!
Hello, good afternoon hope all is well!! I’m back and not with the best news. My hen seems worse at least today. Because it seemed like she was getting better. But today she doesn’t seem active at all and seems slow. I have no idea if she still has impacted crop? I think it came back again this morning I did feel a lump it wasn’t huge but it was there. I gave her coconut oil and massaged her. Right now she’s indoors and sleeping she’s with her head down I’m worried. She’s also underweight that I haven’t been able to fix since she hasn’t been eating normally.

Hello, good afternoon hope all is well!! I’m back and not with the best news. My hen seems worse at least today. Because it seemed like she was getting better. But today she doesn’t seem active at all and seems slow. I have no idea if she still has impacted crop? I think it came back again this morning I did feel a lump it wasn’t huge but it was there. I gave her coconut oil and massaged her. Right now she’s indoors and sleeping she’s with her head down I’m worried. She’s also underweight that I haven’t been able to fix since she hasn’t been eating normally.
So sorry to hear that. Is taking her to a vet an option for you?

Back
Top Bottom