Blue x Green

ChicksDigItFCF

Chirping
May 26, 2018
Has anyone tries breeding a blue egg layer x a green egg layer? Just wondering what the egg color would be. Also has anyone ever got pink or red eggs?

I've never personally crossed blue and green egg layers I would assume the offspring would produce a almost teal color. Like crossing a green and brown egg layers and getting an olive egger. Pink tinted eggs in breeds that don't usually produce them, like Easter Eggers, are made pink from the bloom. I've never personally heard of a red egg before and don't believe it to be possible.

I did research a few months ago on what egg colors each chicken breed lays and put them in a list. Go to this thread to see it:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/looking-for-layers-of-pink-eggs.1281832/#post-20680561

You'd get girls who, in %'s by chance, would lay 50% blue, 25% green and 25% brown eggs.
Pink is only the bloom, typically found in Langshans. Red can be a deep brown as seen in cherry eggers :)

You'd get girls who, in %'s by chance, would lay 50% blue, 25% green and 25% brown eggs.
Pink is only the bloom, typically found in Langshans. Red can be a deep brown as seen in cherry eggers :)
Thanks for a more detailed answer. I'm not really one for genetics and such!

Back
Top Bottom