Do you have a Border Collie?

• Total voters
@KDOGG331 , do you have a BC? If you're thinking of getting one just know that while they're fantastic, they're also smart. And intelligence in an animal is like dynamite; no substitute for it if you have a use for it and know how to channel it. Otherwise, just a destructive force. Thunder was on local TV once and twice was in the paper. But he also needed about 8 miles a day to stay sane and once when I went to the mailbox without him, he pulled up the living room carpet and shredded the paddin underneath. You get a lot out of them but you have to put a lot into them too.
Very true! My dog was super destructive for about a year until he mellowed out, I do feel bad for putting in a home that’s not quite as active as he would like. But now he’s satisfied with a mile walk every day! The rescue said that he was the “old man” of the litter 😂

Here’s my granddog :love
E203DD62-D95A-42E4-BAA6-5EE960FF5BBB.jpeg
72F32319-7B83-4979-81EE-018830987723.jpeg
144E38AC-205E-4EE8-9E67-61E4B69C94AA.jpeg

@KDOGG331 , do you have a BC? If you're thinking of getting one just know that while they're fantastic, they're also smart. And intelligence in an animal is like dynamite; no substitute for it if you have a use for it and know how to channel it. Otherwise, just a destructive force. Thunder was on local TV once and twice was in the paper. But he also needed about 8 miles a day to stay sane and once when I went to the mailbox without him, he pulled up the living room carpet and shredded the paddin underneath. You get a lot out of them but you have to put a lot into them too.
I don’t have one but I’ve always wanted one. Between that and an Aussie though. Or English Shepherd haha also considered just getting a Golden or Lab since I know retrievers so well and love both breeds 😂🤣

But I do think I would enjoy a herding type breed like a BC or Aussie.

I know they can be a bit intense which is why I’ve been hesitant to get one but I absolutely LOVE training and working with dogs so they’d get plenty of mental stimulation which I’ve read is also important or possibly even more important? And we also have a massive yard and lots of walking, hiking, swimming, and running areas and my brother and his wife live down the street with 3 dogs and a large fenced yard so I think I could handle one. :)

It’d be a lot of work but I actually like the work 😂🤣

It’s weird maybe but training is seriously so fun to me haha

I also want to get into dog sports too so we’d probably do agility and nose work and possibly rally or obedience. Plus of course trick training. :)

Very true! My dog was super destructive for about a year until he mellowed out, I do feel bad for putting in a home that’s not quite as active as he would like. But now he’s satisfied with a mile walk every day! The rescue said that he was the “old man” of the litter 😂
Yeah I feel like a lot of dogs especially the more active or intelligent ones like the herding and sporting ones are crazy until 2 or 3 😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom