1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BRA incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nurse_turtle, Dec 16, 2011.

1. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    My daughter has been dying to try this.

I do not think you would have to worry about lockdown. Just briskly walk up and down some stairs to keep your humidity up. [​IMG]

2. Dingo

Dingo Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck, I'm too much of a stomach sleeper to ever try this, if I didn't crush it my dogs jumping on me or kicking in their sleep probly would.

3. phy

phy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2011
    This is the first time I've ever wished I was better endowed... [​IMG]

I guess I'll just have to stick with an incubator.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    If I even think about climbing the stairs my humidity will go up. Did you guys see the egg pics? I so excited but worried too that I'll forget it's in there and smash it. Being vertically challenged, it takes a bit of reach and strain to get the sock from the bottom of the washer and I had to protect the little one when I was bending over to get it. It's the little things like that that scare me. I hope that little one doesn't try to jump in my shirt when he's half grown. I'm not sure where this is going, but having you guys around is reassuring. Thank you all.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  5. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Quote:X 2 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    To all questioning my "been there, done that".
    I didn't have the egg in there, but out of a load of eggs, only one hatched.
    I thought it was just horrible to leave her in a brooder, all alone.
    She lived in my bra for the first few weeks. We went everywhere together, work, stores, you name it.
    Sweetest little girl... when she got big enough to take an adventure outside, it was spring, and I was doing yardwork.
    I put her down on the grass, and she did NOT like that!
    She ran along the rock border around the flower beds next to the house.
    Would NOT go on the grass, so her name became Polly Prissypants.
    Polly was a tiny bantam mutt, she lived for a few years, and just this year, died of cancer.
    Here she is, causing trouble, again. RIP, Polly.
    [​IMG]

7. nurse_turtle

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Another night with egg still intact. Had another dream about the egg becoming cracked but this time it was a tiny crack and only occupied a small part of my dream. I'm thinking this may mean that I'm worrying a bit less about this egg. I managed to take a couple pictures of candling last night. Be sure to see those on page 5. I'm not sure if I was surprised or not to see that there is indeed an embryo forming in there. Part of me expects a quitter in a few days, but I am quite the pessimist. Thank you guys again for listening to my thoughts and such. If this baby makes it, we're going to have to come up with the best name ever. [​IMG]

8. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:Yeah I also remember her I think she was BRA-Bating 3 or 4 eggs, and some did hatch. She did her homework and seemed to have it all figured out, but yeah some did hatch............................. Now all you need to do is find someone willing to do a BRA-Brooder [​IMG]

9. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    Quote:sadly, such a thread will never be family friendly.

10. nurse_turtle

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I didn't even see that comment about "keeping it family friendly". I'm confused regarding what part is NOT family friendly. Have I done something wrong? Did I offend? All I said is "my partner refuses to talk about it", meaning she thinks I've finally lost touch with reality (jokingly). I think this experiment is as silly and crazy as it is informational and educational, not to mention, down-right interesting. I will continue to update daily as I am using this thread as a blog of sorts. If you guys can enlighten me as to which part of this thread is not family friendly. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by