1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BRA incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nurse_turtle, Dec 16, 2011.

1. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    When I saw the post title "BRA incubator" I thought that maybe BRA was the initials of a brand name or something. I started reading, and ended up reading the entire thread. I wouldn't ever try it, though, because I'd probably bump into something and smash the egg within the first few hours. Good luck. I'll be subscribing to this thread so I can keep up with your progress. [​IMG]

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I hope your egg is fertile. [​IMG]

3. hamilton3475

hamilton3475 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Alabama
    Quote:[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Better to do it in the first few hours then the last few days [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Glad to hear the first night passed safely. [​IMG]

I'm still terribly tempted to try this. I'd need to find a suitable sports bra though. I know what kind I want but haven't seen one in my size.

Come to think of it though I do have some singlets with a shelf bra in them, they might be perfect! [​IMG] Have to dig them out, I've put on weight since I used to wear them but that should mean they'd fit nice and tight to keep the egg safe.
    Oh my, DH will think I've cracked if he finds out I'm even contemplating this! [​IMG]

7. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Y'all are so funny to me! I'm not sure yet about lockdown. I really wanna take this to the hatch. I'm still thinking about lockdown. BUT, I do have a update. Day 3 starts at Midnight tonight EST. I could not, I repeat, could not help myself from candling. I consider myself a good candler, so I did it. The first picture is an identical egg from the fridge and the second picture is from my Bra-bator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OMG.[​IMG]

8. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Cool! I also usually have a peek at day 3, congrats! [​IMG]

What are you using to candle? Even with the light leaking you can see inside really well. I'm using an LED torch and it's good but yours looks better. [​IMG]

9. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    It's just some small LED light my Dad gave me. I had to let some of the light leak or my camera's aperture stayed open too long.

10. Phantom_Rooster

Phantom_Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    NW Louisiana
    Quote:I was wondering about lockdown. I'm also wondering if the little chick will follow you around. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This is too funny. I hope it works for you. Would this make you a surrogate mother? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by