Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Interesting. I have to admit I know nothing about the Buff color except that it's far more complicated than it appears to be and very difficult to "get right"—it intimidates and confuses me. I've also learned to hate the cream gene thanks to the Legbars. That's probably why my instinct is to go with as little color interference as possible as preferable to other henkiness! LOL
I love the cream brabanters. BUT if I were going to try to make chamois using a spitz and a brabanter, I would use gold brabanters instead. (It might be another fun project to use the buff polish and see what happens. LOL)

For approximately the same price (a little more I suppose if you spring for the auto-turner,) you can get a Genesis Hovabator with the fan and have double the capacity. I highly recommend that one! I was having terrible luck hatching until I switched to one, and it's been a breeze since.
I like the Genesis too. I have mostly cabinets now, but the Genesis makes a very reliable hatcher. It comes up to temp very quickly and really holds RH well. I have started using a "puppy pad" to line the bottom, under the plastic liner. It keeps the styrofoam nice and clean. Styrofoam staining was my main compliant about all the Hovabators (and the knock offs).

Back
Top Bottom