Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
60393_resize_sf_k.jpg

60393_resize_sf_pullrt.jpg

I had champion bantam display at the State Fair of Texas this past weekend. This pullet was champion FL, the K got 1st buff K, also had 1st buff C. One of my light Ks got 1st also. 54 bantam Brahmas were shown, 540 birds total.

Last edited:
Quote:
Very nice.
thumbsup.gif

Loving all the Brahmas so far. I just can't wait to get some actual show quality girls/boys next year!

I love some of the project birds......Whitey would love to 'offer his services' if there wasn't an ocean between.

His type come about from the cross of two Blue Partridge which gives 25% Red Pyle, 50% Blue Partridge, and 25% Gold. Crossing him with a Gold hen gives all Blue Partridge.....I seem to have rather a lot of them .....wonder why?.

I have a feeling Whitey is going to make 15 lbs or so, he has a gigantic appetite and about another 10 months of growth in him.

Please post more pics. of 'project birds'...I love them.

Sandie

everytime I see Tims birds even seeing the pics again I think wow! I can see where people would want to breed and show these birds, I got my chicks for eggs and the dummy I am never asked at the feed store which box I should take them from, they were all just so cute, so now I have all bantam except for my bo hen hatching eggs now and going to give 2 of my bantam to a lady down the street (hopefully) but no way am I parting with the brahma, we built a larger covered run and coop last week, and while I was working on wiring up the run she kept flying up and landing on top of the chicken wire on the coop, looking down trying to figure out how to get in. I had to go around reach my arms out for her to come to me so I could pick her up and put her down on the ground again, I just love that chicken Imperfect as she is. I'm going to post some updated pics if I can get her to stand still for camera ( camera shy).
everytime I forget to put a capital T in Tim I get tis

Last edited:
Big Medicine...........Looks like your project is making nice progress! They look great.

Tim...........Gorgeous buffs. I especially like the build on your rooster.

Now we need blue columbian on this side of the ocean.
droolin.gif

Quote:
Should have a breeding pen of splash blue columbian hens/pullets under a light cockerel in the spring. Should produce 100% blue columbian chicks.

Last edited:
Quote:
Should have a breeding pen of splash blue columbian hens/pullets under a light cockerel in the spring. Should produce 100% blue columbian chicks.

woot.gif
Now if I can only afford them!
lau.gif

ETA: Not saying they are not worth every penny, I know you work really hard on your birds, and it's not cheap to raise so many.

Last edited:
Big M could you please PM me with the Blue Columbian guys contact information. I really want to get in touch with them. I have no intentions of stealing all your business. lol. I have several blue columbians already here, and would like some more to breed in and to cross with my Bill Bowman lights I'm getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom