Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of my guys. Dad was a blue partridge and mom is a lemon pyle.

Junior, the smallest of the bunch
31698_p1010575.jpg
31698_p1010576.jpg

This is Mel - he's the darkest of the buff colored guys - very red on the sides
31698_p1010578.jpg
31698_p1010584.jpg

Lastly, we have Kermit - he's the biggest of the boys
31698_p1010586.jpg

These guys aren't show quality, even if the color was recognized, but I love them. They are already huge at 6 months and still have a lot of growing to do. You can almost feel the ground shake when they come running!

Here are some of the girls -

Most of them don't have names because I can't tell them apart!

Partridge Brahma girls -
31698_p1010589.jpg
31698_p1010602.jpg

Blue Partridge girls (with one gold laced Cochin in the background) Edited - the cochin is in the background of the above picture!
31698_p1010590.jpg
31698_p1010605.jpg

This is Maggie - I'm not sure what color to call her.
31698_p1010592.jpg

Last edited:
The blue partridge came from my blue partridge roo crossed with my lemon pyle hen. The regular partridge came from a combination of my girls/guys along with some I bought from a woman who was getting away from breeding the partridge Brahmas. Most of my girls are too young to lay yet, and all of my boys are too young. I have seven partridge hens and four blue partridge girls, along with two blue partridge boys and one regular partridge boy, so next spring/summer I should have plenty of fertile eggs!

You get a really good 'blue' colouring by crossing the Red Pyle with the Gold (Partridge) Brahma.

The (numerous) offspring of Whitey (Red Pyle) and my Gold Brahma hens have lovely 'blue' under feathers and lacing.

Sandie

Quote:
Not sure, but I suspect Whitey may be more likely a splash blue partridge than a red pile. Red pile normally carry dominant white, throwing blue makes me think splash. What do the females of that line look like ? Are they pencilled ?

Sjisty, I would say Maggie would be likely be classified as a blue or possibly splash blue buff columbian.

Kinderkorner, he is down to his keepers for next years breeding pens. You should get 50% blue chicks by crossing blue to regular lights(black), and build from there. You would be hard pressed to find better lights than Bill Bowman's line, my silver lace carry that blood. Maybe down the road we can swap some blue eggs.

Whitey came from Blue Partridge X Blue Partridge and he had two Blue Partridge brothers who I gave away and two Gold Partridge sisters.

Whitey has some nice mutt offspring.....Hufen, for example...pure aduletrated mutt ( Whitey X Warren) but very pretty.

IMG_4698.jpg

Must try that cross again,
Sandie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom