Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine dosent cause any trouble, but dosent like me to try and hold him or anything. Once i catch him though then he just calms down and lets me pet him and is fine.
I had a light brahma Roo like that, culled him hatched some new ones that are nice, I don't mess with them much unless I have to I catch them occasionally to check weight ect. But they have important rooster business so I leave them to it lol, they are huge and could do some damage to a child so mean ones should not be tolerated.

OMG!!!!!!! Has anyone seen the Isabel Brahma's!!!
droolin.gif
love.gif
droolin.gif
love.gif
as someone who likes a chickens for survivability, looks and egg production... The Brahmas (in the past) have been desired but passed up for better egg producers or foragers like hamburgs and Sussex....
That is UNTIL I saw the e-bay listing for 6 Isabel LF Brahma eggs just today! .... The sheer beauty and incredible size of his birds blew me away... even the outrageous price did not dampen my adore of this incredible roo he had pictures of
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

they are from H&H Heritage and rare poultry ...a google search will lead you to their site or look the eggs up on e-bay

My new wish is that Many, Many, Many people LOVE these the way I do so that they can start to buy and sell them so the egg prices will come down to something I can actually afford!
fl.gif

droolin.gif
love.gif
droolin.gif
love.gif
That is UNTIL I saw the e-bay listing for 6 Isabel LF Brahma eggs just today! .... The sheer beauty and incredible size of his birds blew me away... even the outrageous price did not dampen my adore of this incredible roo
Hmmmm, the incredible vulture hocks blew me away.
hmm.png

droolin.gif
love.gif
droolin.gif
love.gif
as someone who likes a chickens for survivability, looks and egg production... The Brahmas (in the past) have been desired but passed up for better egg producers or foragers like hamburgs and Sussex....
That is UNTIL I saw the e-bay listing for 6 Isabel LF Brahma eggs just today! .... The sheer beauty and incredible size of his birds blew me away... even the outrageous price did not dampen my adore of this incredible roo he had pictures of
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

they are from H&H Heritage and rare poultry ...a google search will lead you to their site or look the eggs up on e-bay

My new wish is that Many, Many, Many people LOVE these the way I do so that they can start to buy and sell them so the egg prices will come down to something I can actually afford!
fl.gif

Neat color pattern, but it'd be a many year project to do away with the vulture hocks.

Edit: And this is why I should read whole thread before replying, because Dak already beat me to it.

Last edited:
Neat color pattern, but it'd be a many year project to do away with the vulture hocks.

Edit: And this is why I should read whole thread before replying, because Dak already beat me to it.

I'm not sure how you would go about it. Being that vulture hocks is recessive and takes two copies for it to show, every chick out of that male will recieve a copy, and if the females are the same way, so will all the chicks. What would you breed in if you wanted to clean up the hocks ? I'm not familiar with that color/pattern, and can't tell enough from the photos, is it based on a penciled pattern ?

Last edited:
Gah, you're right I had forgotten it was recessive. Sorry.

My understanding is the Isabel pattern is Partridge based with the Lavender gene. Recognized in Europe in Brahmas and...Leghorns?

Last edited:
Couldn't you just make your own isabel or lav birchen by using dark brahmas and crossing to something lavender... It would take a few generations because lavender is recessive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom