Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much!
Also I'm trying I sell his brother. Any idea what I should ask for him? I don't want to sell him but I have 3 roosters in that pen and 2 have to go
Not much of a market for excess hatchery males. He will be delicious in the noodle-pot though.

Tim

Last edited:
Debs55, Tim may be right but then again you might get lucky. Last fall I culled almost all of my cockerels for bad attitude but kept one LF light because he was such a nice bird (in attitude not appearance). This spring I sold him at a swap to a young couple who just fell in love with him. I also sold a hatchery Dom cockerel, and the woman who bought all my Brahma chicks that day sold two hatchery BO roosters. Maybe you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

I sold mine for $15....that's probably what I had in him for feed, vitamins, etc. It was worth it to me to see him go to a good home and $15 was more than what he was worth as dinner....I can buy a chicken in the store for half that.

Sorted some the older chicks today. Taking some to a swap in the morning, not likely to get anything near that kind of money for cockerels.

Did take a few shots of some the more interesting keeper prospects. Still considerable work to do, but if you squint just right, you might be able to see the potential.

Sorted some the older chicks today. Taking some to a swap in the morning, not likely to get anything near that kind of money for cockerels.

Did take a few shots of some the more interesting keeper prospects. Still considerable work to do, but if you squint just right, you might be able to see the potential.
What's with the solid red one? I'll give you $15 for him/her. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom