Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Brahma chicks are 1 month old today. I'm super excited to watch them grow. I took some pictures today...some of them are hams but really just curious bout my phone...

She's posing for me. What a beauty!!

One of my curious babes....

a super close up...crazy thang!!

my girls...

Guy just came and bought some chickens.and saw my Blue Columbian Brahmas and said he didn't like feather legged birds. Boy he doesn't know.what he is missing.

Really? Most people are intrigued by feather legged breeds. I have both clean legged an feather legged. But I remember when I was around 6 telling my dad I wanted some fluffy feet chickens lol

My bantam buffs are the most go along get along of my flock!!! Plus they are comical running!!! Cant wait to get an incy and hatch a few

Anyone have both Cochins and Brahmas? I have both, and I have noticed that my Brahmas lay considerably less than my Cochins! I was kind of surprised, as Cochins certainly don't look like streamline egg machines, but apparently my girls did not get the memo. I also have an egg eater among my Brahmas, so maybe she is eating more eggs than I think she is. Anyone have a rebuttal?

Trueblue1 - Nice babies! I can't wait to be in the midst of some Brahma chicks. I like them at that stage, they are cute in a gawky sort of way.

I weighed my Brahma pullets' eggs this weekend and was thrilled to find them between 1.78 and 2.25 oz! They are as large as my RSL hen's eggs. It was a long wait for them to start laying, but very much worth it. Can't wait to see how much larger they will be after the first molt.
yesss.gif

I weighed my Brahma pullets' eggs this weekend and was thrilled to find them between 1.78 and 2.25 oz! They are as large as my RSL hen's eggs. It was a long wait for them to start laying, but very much worth it. Can't wait to see how much larger they will be after the first molt.
yesss.gif
I'm getting a double about once a month. Don't know why that is happening. I also don't know if they are coming from one pullet in particular, or if it's coming from several different ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom