Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dinah thats my bird and he is a partridge. His name is Stormy He does make an impression. As I was carrying him in I had several people comment on his colors. I always call him a gold partridge as that is what the breeder said he was. Hes only 13 months old so he has some growing to do.

since i have a cat named storm,that will work out fine.PM for my address so you can mail him to me.lol

wow,what a beautiful bird.i knew he didn't have the mahogany red like my partridge rocks but wasn't sure since i went all crazy about him and forgot to read the card.the gold is what really makes his colors stand out.

if you ever ship eggs or chicks from him ,please put me on your list.

again,love that bird.

right now I am hatching what he produces with his two beautiful hens Sunshine and cloud hense his name lol but I will keep you in mind I have another breeder who wants to drive from Alabama when they eggs I have hatch she wants everyone lol. Just wish the camera did him justice I would post his picture but all the colors on his wings etc do not show.

right now I am hatching what he produces with his two beautiful hens Sunshine and cloud hense his name lol but I will keep you in mind I have another breeder who wants to drive from Alabama when they eggs I have hatch she wants everyone lol. Just wish the camera did him justice I would post his picture but all the colors on his wings etc do not show.

love the names.
i wish the pictures would turnout.he is stunning.
i am not a fan of shipping chicks thru the mail.i can handle the eggs not making it but don't want to risk the chicks lives.
whenever you have some eggs please PM me.

Ok I need some critiques on my bantam brahmas. These are my light brahmas minus a young cockeral thats not as good as this boy. And here are 3 hens

All of them together

Another pullet #2

Pullet #3

Here is rudy again.

I'm breeding him over my lights right now so I can hopefully get a light roo. Will it work. what will the outcome be. The chicken calculator isn't any help. The pics are a little crappy no offense.

Last edited:
Couple things Country Boy,

First, a buff male over light females will produce buff female chicks, and males that more strongly resemble lights with brassy yellow hackle and saddle feathers. These brassy males if put with light hens will produce both buff and light females, and some light males, as well as more brassy split males.

Secondly, as to Henks calculator,keep playing around and learn how to use it, it is a great tool. This kind of question is exactly in it's wheelhouse. I for one, am extremely gratefull Henk makes this available for us to use.

Auro25.... I've only worked with standards, however your bantys look real fine. I like the recognized sop colors myself...You should have good results with those.

bigz

arurarose25, I really like both your lights and buffs. I'm no expert, but from what I do know, I'd say you've got very nice birds and good stock to start with. They appear to have good type, like the nice width in thier skulls and beetle brows, good width in thier backs and decent width in thier tails and wings and they carry themselves well. They also appear to be very clean as far as feathers go. Although they are still young, they don't have any obvious ticking any where and they have relativly good lacing. I'd say you wouldn't have a whole lot of things to work on. Maybe there is someone else out there who can see more than me though. I would love to learn too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom