Breeders/Hatcheries located in New England

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Deano603, Feb 7, 2018.

1. flwrldy

flwrldy Songster

Apr 20, 2017
    NH
    My Coop
    DwayneNLiz likes this.
  2. flwrldy

flwrldy Songster

Apr 20, 2017
    NH
    My Coop
    What state?

3. flwrldy

flwrldy Songster

Apr 20, 2017
    NH
    My Coop
    I know of a small farm in Barrington NH, however I only have a phone number. I’ll call this week and get more info. She had French black copper Marans that I was interested in this fall, but she didn’t want to sell them then because they were to small, and then with the holidays I never got back to her.

DwayneNLiz likes this.
  4. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchi Wan Kenobi

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    What state is that law possibly going to get passed in? New Hampshire. Or did you mean which state am I in?

5. learycow

learycow Crowing

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    I'm in southern maine (I do ship too!)
    I have
    Ancona ducks
    Call Ducks
    Silkie Ducks
    Muscovy Ducks
    Sebastopol Geese
    Mini Sebastopol Geese
    Silkie/Sizzle/Showgirl (naked neck) bantam chickens

Check out my website and facebook, Al's Quackery

Liddy and DwayneNLiz like this.
  6. Merrymouse

Merrymouse Songster

Jan 8, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Im in Mass but I like to buy locally. Last year I bought chicks from Twin Cedar Farm in Acushnet, MA It cost more than hatchery but really nice chickens. Her RI Reds are gorgeous, deep mahagony color and big. I got a barred rock, cream legbar, FBCM from her. She also sells some gorgeous bantams. I think they also have olive eggers.
    I also got some chicks last year from Shamrock Farm in Mendon, MA, lots of chicks, very reasonable prices. He had brahma, silver penciled rocks, buff rocks, cochin, welsummer, and many others, oh marans and amerucana too I think. He has a facebook page but I think doesnt have chicks until around April but I could be wrong. There is also the Hatching House in Canturbury, CT. Nice chicks a little more pricey. She has a website. Ive never gotten chicks from here but I might this year. She has some interesting rare chickens too. Also another place that has many breed but i have never purchased from is called Rock Yard Homestead, I think they are in southeastern MA. She is on facebook. She also does grow outs. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head and I would love to learn of more places around MA/CT/RI Thanks this a good thread.

DellaMyDarling, Liddy, NhRN and 2 others like this.
  7. tigger19687

tigger19687 Songster

Anyone know of ORGANIC Australorps around here?

8. tigger19687

tigger19687 Songster

Actually any Black Australorps would be fine for now. Looking for 2 pullets or even up to a year.
    Someone said they were in Clinton ME, but that is too far for me :(

9. Amy Carter

Amy Carter Songster

Nov 10, 2017
    MA/NH border
    Hi, I had a very successful hatch (under a hen on February 26th and in an incubator which hatched today) and have three more black Ameracauna chicks than I need. They are all strong, healthy and gorgeous. I'm in Haverhill. I have two more eggs I'm waiting on...not sure yet what color they are or if they'll hatch but they're due to hatch tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  10. Amy Carter

Amy Carter Songster

Nov 10, 2017
    MA/NH border
    I'm kind of far for you but I have three black Ameraucana chicks left and available and two more late eggs in the incubator which remain a mystery until tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: