Deano603

Chirping
Jun 12, 2017
Hi there,

My apologies if this is a redundant topic, but I have searched high and low for months now in an effort to track down some local people in the New England region, particularly NH, who are looking to sell/swap eggs/chicks.

I have been researching much of the winter looking at different breeds and farms etc, and went the commercial route last year out of simplicity, but was far more interested in looking for local birds in my home state of New Hampshire this go around, as we are owners of a small business and like supporting local whenever possible.

In searching this site, numerous google and facebook searches, it has proven difficult to find one or a few good resources for locating breeders in the region, despite making some great connections with operations outside of the region. This prompted me to throw out a post and see if anyone on here bites and would be willing to share local breeders, or post their own availability for birds in the region to help people like me looking for various breeds who are wanting to support the local farm or breeding program, or get a higher quality bird, or a bird raised more naturally as many smaller operations afford. I reached out individually in the New Hampshire thread and got a few bites, but I think it would be helpful to many if we could get as much cumulative information into a particular thread about this topic, in this region, if we can. Thanks for the help!

LOVE IT! Thanks! :)

Hi there,

My apologies if this is a redundant topic, but I have searched high and low for months now in an effort to track down some local people in the New England region, particularly NH, who are looking to sell/swap eggs/chicks.

I have been researching much of the winter looking at different breeds and farms etc, and went the commercial route last year out of simplicity, but was far more interested in looking for local birds in my home state of New Hampshire this go around, as we are owners of a small business and like supporting local whenever possible.

In searching this site, numerous google and facebook searches, it has proven difficult to find one or a few good resources for locating breeders in the region, despite making some great connections with operations outside of the region. This prompted me to throw out a post and see if anyone on here bites and would be willing to share local breeders, or post their own availability for birds in the region to help people like me looking for various breeds who are wanting to support the local farm or breeding program, or get a higher quality bird, or a bird raised more naturally as many smaller operations afford. I reached out individually in the New Hampshire thread and got a few bites, but I think it would be helpful to many if we could get as much cumulative information into a particular thread about this topic, in this region, if we can. Thanks for the help!

I'm in VT, and I raise ayam cemanis, light brahmas, ko shamos, Call ducks, Welsh Harlequin ducks, and tufted Roman geese. I've also got a flock of 'for fun' chickens that are mostly EEs and the roosters are frizzled so half the chicks are also frizzled. I'm on Facebook as Pyxis Poultry :)

I breed Silver Appenzeller Spitzhauben
and Arkansas Blues (like Whiting Blue - but the main stock from that line).
I sometimes have Marans - with dark eggs but mixed as to feathering so they can't be show quality - but I breed for dark egg color.
I rarely get on backyard chickens - so email is the only really way to make sure anyone interested gets to me: [email protected]

Not quite in line with this post but our legislature is considering new legislation blocking free ranging, If your chicken is off your property it becomes a fine, like a dog or livestock. Please consider contacting your legislators so backyard flocks ar not treated like large chicken farms!!

Hi there,

There is a breeder of Legbar chickens in Maine. He recently sustained a massive fisher attack but is rebuilding his stock. Deering (I believe) has a Speckled Sussex breeder and Nottingham has a small farm looking to start breeding Chanceleurs. Oh yes, just this side of the Cape is a farm that breeds Seramas.

Back
Top Bottom