Broody hatch-a-long!!! With Pippin!

Pics
Hi, I’m Sue and I have a broody on Day 19. I hadn’t even thought of looking for a hatchalong before now. This is Violetta, just one year old. She’s half Spitzhauben half Sebright. She went broody 2 times in April, so I decided to let her be a mama. I only gave her 2 eggs since we have enough chickens. One looks like it quit, but I’m not sure, so I’ve left it. The other is definitely still alive. Today I closed off the coop and run that she occupies and so she’s in a sort of lockdown. I don’t know how she will fare, but we’ll find out soon!
6F5DC78F-BBD9-421C-A8CF-118038C86004.jpeg

Hi, I’m Sue and I have a broody on Day 19. I hadn’t even thought of looking for a hatchalong before now. This is Violetta, just one year old. She’s half Spitzhauben half Sebright. She went broody 2 times in April, so I decided to let her be a mama. I only gave her 2 eggs since we have enough chickens. One looks like it quit, but I’m not sure, so I’ve left it. The other is definitely still alive. Today I closed off the coop and run that she occupies and so she’s in a sort of lockdown. I don’t know how she will fare, but we’ll find out soon!
View attachment 2694923
omgomgomg so closeeeeeeee
keep us updated!

I’m the straggler still on Day 6 😭

We will join! My broody Ruth, has a week to go. Started w 10 eggs (from my ameraucana hens / BCM rooster), 9 going strong.
1D312C86-4FDD-4853-847C-D3A976F854C8.jpeg

Her sister, Rose, is on day 5. Only gave her 5 eggs. I am thinking I will sneak in some extra chicks later.

5CACEDB3-C5B3-4097-8708-7B3CF171B4A6.jpeg

Credit where it’s due, broody hen, Popeye, started this broody trend in our coop. Her babies are almost a month old. She has 5 Olive egger babies.
F9EECBB4-9952-4392-823E-C1B513A7BBA2.jpeg

We will join! My broody Ruth, has a week to go. Started w 10 eggs (from my ameraucana hens / BCM rooster), 9 going strong.
View attachment 2695147

Her sister, Rose, is on day 5. Only gave her 5 eggs. I am thinking I will sneak in some extra chicks later.

View attachment 2695146

Credit where it’s due, broody hen, Popeye, started this broody trend in our coop. Her babies are almost a month old. She has 5 Olive egger babies.
View attachment 2695150
Yay! more broody mommas
:wee
I’m no longer last in queue!

Back
Top Bottom